HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2002, 05:41 PM
Joined Jun 2002
104 Posts
"Lost Model Alarm" (British "humor")

Although I'm sure this is meant to be absolutely serious, it really struck me as humorous: www.customelectronics.co.uk/

Probably has something to do with being a newbie and American...
Dave Roberts is offline Find More Posts by Dave Roberts
Old Jul 10, 2002, 10:54 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Uhhh Please enlighten me on what you find funny> I am not joking or making fun. I would like to have a laugh. I must be missing something you caught.

Malcom
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Jul 10, 2002, 11:25 PM
I like cheese...
Bloomington, IN
Joined Sep 2001
846 Posts
I Kinda get it

It could be considered useful, especially if you fly around a corn field like I do. There were a couple good lines in the copy I found amusing.

"...each with a pair of ear plugs included." This is good, I like that. As you get closer, you may need them at 140dB!

"...this lost model alarm will sound when signal is lost or when invalid signals are seen." Does this include when you are flying inverted, and mean to give down elevator when it should have been up? That would be considered an invalid signal, right?

"Up to 30 hrs operation from RC battery." If anyone has lost a plane in a corn field, forrest, or similar, this shoud be just about enough time to find the darn thing.
Whizwaz is offline Find More Posts by Whizwaz
Old Jul 11, 2002, 10:16 AM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
Now I'm even more confused. I get a page that has pictures of around eight electronic products that flash in sequence. None of them are labeled. The only products mentioned in text are Electronic magnifiers for low vision.

As to lost plane finders, I had one on my plane when I flew glow at a field that was surrounded by corn or soybeans. It was essential for me since at least half my landings were in the "rough."
RB
Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Old Jul 11, 2002, 10:47 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
whizwaz

what you said gave me a couple of goood laughs. as far as needing one of those i can sure saee it near a cornfield. heck i had a smaller version for one of my planes as i had lost it in a few backyards and when in a wheelchair it is pretty hard to get in behinde sheds abd what not to look for a plane. Great little mechanisim if you ask me

mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22