Old Apr 25, 2006, 06:47 PM
Buyin', Tryin' and Flyin'
DFW, Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,283 Posts
FAQ
Accessing the JR XP6102 Service Menu

EDIT (11 December 2006): Accessing the DX7 or XP7202 Service Menu

Well, I have the "Secret Recipe" for the 6102 service menu. I cannot divulge my source on this, but I did not come up with this myself (so don't thank me; thank a little elf somewhere...). Here it is, in all it's glory:

Power up with Scroll Down & Select pressed

Scroll UP to MODEL TYPE, press SELCT so that the arrow moves down to DATA RESET.

ELE D/R (*not* the gear switch) to be in the UP position. Press EDIT +, move ELE D/R down & press EDIT -, toggle ELE D/R up and repeat the process, At the end of the 4th cycle, the set will (or should ) beep and display BACKUP ERROR.

SCROLL UP goes to pixel test

SCROLL UP goes to (BATTERY), here you adjust the displayed battery voltage to equal the ACTUAL voltage. You would use this immediately after you measured your actual batter voltage to adjust how the TX reads it. Remember, however, that when you read it under no load it will indicate a bit higher than it will under load when the TX is on. If I were to do this, I'd measure it while the TX is on somehow just before I corrected it. I would not touch this unless the voltage is way off (more than 1/10 of a volt).

SCROLL UP to Switch test
S1 = Top Left, S2 = Top Right, S3 = ELE D/R, S4 = RUDD D/R, S5 = TRAINER Push Button, S6 = THRO CUT, B1 = EDIT +, B2 = Edit -. B3 = CLR, B4 = SELECT

SCROLL UP goes to CENTER STICKS ? Yes = CLR do as it says and centre the sticks then press CLR. Use this ONLY when your sticks are in the exact center position - mostly you will have to worry about throttle on this one. Then press CLR and they are now centered in the TX.

SCROLL UP
Stick1 move to max +ve position, press CLR move to max -ve pos press CLR, use SELECT to go through Stick2, 3 & 4 and repeat the move & CLR process. This adjusts the end points of each of the sticks. My throttle was just a bit off, and I was able to fix it with this simple step.

SCROLL UP and you see a list of parameters you can change (see below for some detail on this).

At the end you can SCROLL UP to (TRANSFER) = OFF, EDIT+ will toggle it to ON or OFF. I am not sure exactly what this does for you.

At the SCROLL UP , it takes you back to BACKUP ERROR, either press SCOLL DOWN & SELECT together to escape back to normal or power off.

For the parameter screen mentioned above, here is the "code":

PPM = 1 Boots up in PPM Mode
0 Boots up in SPCM Mode

NOZ = 1 Disables ZPCM from Modulation Setting.
0 Enables ZPCM.

AIR = 1 Boots up in Aircraft Mode
0 Boots up in Heli Mode

CCP = 0 1 Servo Normal, 2 Servo 180, 3 Servo 120, 3 Servo
90 (Disables 140 CCPM Mixing.)
1 Enables 140 CCPM. Options are now, 1 Servo Normal, 3
Servo 140 CCPM, 3 Servo 120 2ELE, 3 Servo 140 2ELE.

BALM = 1 Disables Battery Alarm.
0 Enables Battery Alarm, alarms at 9V.

SWPM = 0

TSTR = 0 Enables User Stick Mode Selection
1 Disables User Stick Mode Selection

SM2 = 0
1 Boots up in Stick Mode 2

I havent figured out what the SEND E means yet, neither am I sure what the SWPM means in the display.
hilgert is offline Find More Posts by hilgert
Last edited by hilgert; Dec 11, 2006 at 09:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:07 PM
Joined Mar 2004
5,237 Posts
I bet SWPM refers to swash plate. Neat stuff though L.
rutat is offline Find More Posts by rutat
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:20 PM
DFW, Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,283 Posts
Not sure about that (swashplate)...would that not be covered in the CCP settings? I'm not a heli guy - I know just enough to have tossed some money in the heli pile a few months ago.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:22 PM
Joined Mar 2004
5,237 Posts
SWPM = Single White Parkflyer Male?
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:40 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,965 Posts
LOLOL,

Dont ask me, I havent got a clue either.
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:06 PM
Private Pilot/K5MBV/SCUBA
Garland, Texas
Joined Jan 2006
1,077 Posts
I understand PCM, but what is ZPCM?
Nicetie is offline Find More Posts by Nicetie
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:12 PM
Private Pilot/K5MBV/SCUBA
Garland, Texas
Joined Jan 2006
1,077 Posts
Put radio in Z box and SEND E back Horizon SWPM for airplane.
Nicetie is offline Find More Posts by Nicetie
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:53 PM
Joined Mar 2004
5,237 Posts
ZPCM is a Horizon/JR proprietary pulse coded mpdulation.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 05:39 AM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,965 Posts
ZPCM is the older 9Bit PCM which gave you 512 step resolution. It has been superceded by SPCM (10 Bit 1024 step resolution)
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:55 PM
Australia, NSW, Windsor
Joined Apr 2006
678 Posts
Thanks Hilgert,

Thanks so much for this info, I can confirm the same procedure works with the JR X2610 sold in Australia.

Using this method I have been able to calibrate my throttle low end point.

I can also confirm that with 7 days use now, the Spekrum DX6 RF module is still working great inside my converted JR X2610.

Nigel in Australia
Corona44 is offline Find More Posts by Corona44
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:10 PM
DFW, Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona44
Thanks Hilgert,

Thanks so much for this info, I can confirm the same procedure works with the JR X2610 sold in Australia.

Using this method I have been able to calibrate my throttle low end point.

I can also confirm that with 7 days use now, the Spekrum DX6 RF module is still working great inside my converted JR X2610.

Nigel in Australia
It was not I who discovered this; an elf gave me the information. But I'll say "you are welcome" on the elf's behalf...

-Hilgert-
Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:11 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Thanks for Passing on the tip Hilgert, and a big thanks to the Elf (h mm, i wonder who woud have such knowledge )
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:58 PM
DFW, Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,283 Posts
The elf's secret is safe with me...I don't violate trust (hard to get, easy to lose). It may not be who you think it is - I have many sources which are not as obvious as you might think.

-Hilgert-
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:36 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,220 Posts
Cool, thanks Mr(s) Elf whomever you are. While most of the settings are nothing I feel I need to mess with I do like the possibility to change the radio to default to PPM mode vs SPCM mode. I think I'll do that one mod and hope I don't mess anything up.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:57 AM
Joined Oct 2004
4 Posts
resetting all info in the Tx

Hi,

After plugging my transmitter into a PC's sound card the data inside became corrupted. Specifically the model number which is now a dot and two horizontal lines. It is possible to change everything on the current model but touching anything affected by the model number like selecting another or trying to copy the info from one model to another results in the tx hanging up until the power is cycled. Perhaps the the Elf has some knowledge on how to rectify this. If he has and makes it available I will be very thankful as it will save me a long trip to the repair shop and of course a bit of money as well.

Hugo
Hugo Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Hugo Meyer
Closed Thread