HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2006, 04:34 PM
Canada
Joined Mar 2004
195 Posts
Discussion
Looking for flying sites in Toronto

Where are there decent flying sites in Toronto for parkflyers, shockflyers etc.
I live on the West end (Scarlet and Lawrence area) and there are a few parks and schools in the vicinity - just wondering where most people go
Frankd1 is offline Find More Posts by Frankd1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2006, 08:51 PM
Dismembered Member...
Niagara Falls/Toronto area
Joined Dec 2003
4,536 Posts
I dunno about the west end Frank - I'm in Burlington meself. You might have better luck asking here: http://www.rccanada.ca/index.php

Brad
arx_n_sparx is offline Find More Posts by arx_n_sparx
Old Apr 26, 2006, 08:40 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
H Frank, I'm in Oshawa myself but if you check this site:

http://www.emfso.org/default.asp

You can probably find something there.

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55
Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:07 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Dec 2005
47 Posts
Hi, this probably won't be much use to you as it is in the east but there is a great park at the corner of Coxwell and Lakeshore. It is across from Ashbridges Bay.

It is a pretty big open park with a couple of baseball diamonds in at one end and then just parkland. There are also 2 smaller fields which are just as good for flying, one is a rugby field and the other is one is a large baseball field. So out of the 3 there is always somewhere to fly.

The great thing about this park is there is a sewerage pumping station right in the centre of it and it can get a bit stinky so no one seems to hang out there much. As long as you can take the occasional smells you are pretty much left in peace to fly
Also with Ashbridges Bay right there and another more landscaped park on the other side of Coxwell this place is pretty much deserted.

The ground is not too dug up and I can easily ROG my Estarter and do touch and goes.

Happy flying!
pox67 is offline Find More Posts by pox67