HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2002, 08:06 AM
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada.
Joined Dec 2000
455 Posts
Really interesting Aviation book at Chapters

I went to Chapters yesterday to pick up the latest issue of Flying Scale Models and while waiting to check out I saw an interesting looking Aviation book on their clearance table called "If we had Wings".
It's called a 3-D book, which means inside each section it has an exact reprint of an original letter, document etc. that you can remove and read and they look exactly like the real thing as it was handwritten or typed many years ago. One is a "Censored" letter home from a captured US WW1 pilot, another is an reprint of the original "Entry form" filled out by Charles Lindberg.There are many interesting pieces of aviation history in the book, from the Wright Brothers to Chuck Yeager.
The price on the back of the book is $48.50 Canadian, it's on sale for $9.99! What a bargain!
Airnut 2 is offline Find More Posts by Airnut 2
Old Jul 10, 2002, 02:08 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
I have that book as well. The book is by Rinker Buck who also has a book called Flight of Passage. It is about his journey across the US with his brother in a Piper Cub, when they where teenagers. It is a VERY good book. I hope to get my books signed by him this year at the Oshkosh Airshow.

-Brett
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture