SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 01, 2001, 08:57 AM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,714 Posts
MIG 15 by Graham Cornford

Saw this in the July 2000 issue of EFI, any news about this? There was a mention that it may be plan and construction article soon.
dave morris is offline Find More Posts by dave morris
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2001, 07:37 PM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,714 Posts
c'mon, somebody has got to know something about this?
Old Aug 02, 2001, 04:32 PM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,714 Posts
one last try, anybody?
Old Aug 03, 2001, 01:29 AM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,935 Posts
From the way they worded the caption, it was a "gee this a jolly nice model, I hope we can talk him into doing some plans in the future". In other words, you probably wont see plans for it. There are plans out there for Mig 15s, and several kits, both glass and all wood. RT Models makes a wood kit of a Mig 15, and there's the K&A Models glass and foam Mig. There's also the Offshore plans, which are pretty sparse on the details.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Aug 03, 2001, 03:10 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,639 Posts
Sorry Dave I didn't post anything before because I didn't have any specific news on your query about plan availability. I first saw this Mig 15 (I believe it was Graham's)in the raw balsa state last year at the Blackpool fly-in and at the time he said there was going to be a plan or kit made but haven't heard anything since.

It's every inch a Mig 15 and has a very lightweight all built up monocoque balsa skin construction with IIRC the servos built into the tailfin. I think the prototype was involved in a heavy arrival at Chester last year as well. I expect he will be there at Walsall in a couple of weeks so I'll make a point of asking him about it.

cheers

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Aug 03, 2001, 08:49 AM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,714 Posts
Thanks guys, look forward to any info. I will look into the RT mig. I have not heard too much chatter about it, anyone been flying one?