Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:50 AM
Keep off the Grass!!
Cardiff Wales UK
Joined Jun 2003
1,681 Posts
Gotta have a bit of a Nerve!

Just trying to offend the pain of re-generating nerves and their insulation (myeolin?) in my lower legs, ankles and feet. This is almost the twilight of the repair period for me, thank God! So this is how it goes.... in mine and most other cases. In some, other parts of the body are the starter areas. Head, neck and chest (dodgy!)

Guilain Barre Syndrome - sort of start disintegrating but keep flying until the ship starts putting itself together again, with a lot of help, and works just well enough to land safely and complete repairs as far as - well...that depends. This is my example.

Apparently the immune system's little soldiers (blood cells) go ape turncoat, attack and even eat this insulation leaving the nerve exposed and damaged.

This is not a virus, though it is often initially, and understandably, diagnosed as such. In my case it was only the third GP who was called that organised an ambulance ride. That was because my kidneys threatened to flame out!

You can be getting up and walking, but within an hour or so of increasing pain (which you innocently dose yourself with para or whatever's handy), you can't! Rather unnerving - to make a pun of it Also you find you need to go to the toilet every few minutes (somehow - ) but each time you can't!

This is because the nervious system is under siege internaly and your spinal bunch are the final target. Your lower back now begins to really hurt. This is the crunch bit...and where it slowly turned around with me - fortunately.

Now in such a case, after all known tests, treatment with new immune soldiers by the thousands deployed like a transfusion (this is very expensive), and anti inflammatories with pain killers throughout helps a natural recovery while you enjoy the hospital food because you can't taste anything anyway.

Following all that you get taught how to walk etc again and are usually transferred to a therapy section for a period. I chose to come home and struggle - glad for it. When I get assessed to resume motoring I'll consider it beaten effectively.

Back later here is another Centauri pic

Ade
Adrian Britton is offline Find More Posts by Adrian Britton
Last edited by Adrian Britton; Feb 12, 2008 at 09:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2008, 04:38 AM
....When pigs can fly
Duffel - Belgium
Joined Jan 2004
1,637 Posts
Hi Adrian.

Lovely Centauri pics. It is a very cool model you builded there.

I see you drew panel lines on it. How and with what did you do this. It looks very neat and maybe I want to do this too on my Macchi. I only fear that it would become to heavy or to much.

Tom
W@CC0 is offline Find More Posts by W@CC0
Old Feb 13, 2008, 07:12 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
near Nijmegen, Netherlands
Joined Feb 2001
10,441 Posts
Tom, you could also contact Ton van Munsteren about panellines and weathering, I don't know whether you kept tabs on the Dutch thread.

Video of a video/film shoot for a commercial, last weekend:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~wever/harry/1.mpg
Shot at www.modelvliegclubutrecht.nl

The Spits have MVVS 45 motors in them, built, weathered and flown by members of www.modelbouwforum.nl

More Spit pictures:
http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/...tml#post810957
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:43 AM
Keep off the Grass!!
Cardiff Wales UK
Joined Jun 2003
1,681 Posts
I only builded part of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@CC0
Hi Adrian.

Lovely Centauri pics. It is a very cool model you builded there.

I see you drew panel lines on it. How and with what did you do this. It looks very neat and maybe I want to do this too on my Macchi. I only fear that it would become to heavy or to much.

Tom
.....Then Keith Pyrah (Club mate and master builder!) completed, finished and flew it. Also did the photos. I just photoshopped them. I think he just used a fine CD writer type pen, rulers & templates. Looks a bit rich close up, but in the sky.....

He's also built a 30" version of my Q&EFI ME 109 and completed my prototype Fellside Sea Fury

Ade
Old Apr 23, 2008, 11:20 AM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,540 Posts
For those interested we now have the Fiat available here in North America. Basically a laser cut version of the Fellside kit (yes, we do have permission from Ade and Graham). If you are in Europe or other parts of the world I encourage you to buy from Graham at Fellside. From what I have seen of his kits he does use better balsa than we do

www.manzanolaser.com

charlie
portablevcb is offline Find More Posts by portablevcb
Old Jul 26, 2008, 05:20 AM
Joined Apr 2005
9 Posts
Adrian:

Thanks so much for bringing out the Centauro (not Centauri -- that's the plural). I've got a bunch of questions, remarks and suggestions that would be too lengthy for this blog. If you don't mind contacting me directly by e-mail, I'll send my comments along.

Cheers,

Bob Hartford
Bob Hartford is offline Find More Posts by Bob Hartford
Last edited by Bob Hartford; Jul 26, 2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 06:50 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
near Nijmegen, Netherlands
Joined Feb 2001
10,441 Posts
Better mutilate / remove your e-mail address before the spam-bots find you Bob.

Prettig weekend Ron
Ron van Sommeren is offline Find More Posts by Ron van Sommeren
Old Jul 26, 2008, 08:59 AM
Suspended Account
Mercer Co. PA
Joined Mar 2008
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron van Sommeren
Better mutilate / remove your e-mail address before the spam-bots find you Bob.

Prettig weekend Ron
I would have to agree, if it was not for the fact that I'm convinced it doesn't make much of a difference. Whether 1 million of them find you, or 2 million of them do, the effect is virtually the same.

Bill
EDF30 is offline Find More Posts by EDF30
Old Jul 26, 2008, 09:02 AM
Keep off the Grass!!
Cardiff Wales UK
Joined Jun 2003
1,681 Posts
Use "edit" Bob!

Have you bought the kit from Manzano or Fellside then?

Ade
Old Jul 26, 2008, 09:50 AM
Joined Apr 2005
9 Posts
For Ron

Vielen danke Ron!!!

Bob
Old Jul 26, 2008, 09:52 AM
Joined Apr 2005
9 Posts
Ron -- oops

Ron:

I thought I'd seen in one of your blogs that you're from Germany, hence my previous reply to you. Somehow I just bet you understood anyway!!!

Again, thanks for the good advice!

Cheers,

Bob
Old Jul 27, 2008, 02:05 AM
Keep off the Grass!!
Cardiff Wales UK
Joined Jun 2003
1,681 Posts
There WERE more....

...than one of them! But I am in the wrong Then again, I always thought that the singular of "-i" was "-us" ...that's Latin for you!

Now the way I would like to address all this is via a build thread authored by you so that we can get it really right? Like "Maltone" is doing with the Honey Bee?

One or two other points though. When I designed this warbird series to be produced by Fellside, they were all to be at 36" span. The Hurricane was at 30" however (being the first submitted, and meant to compliment Jim Ryan's range). The other three-footers were a Spitfire Mk IX, a FW 190D9, the Sea Fury and your Fiat.

Now I'm hoping to sort them all out (plus some additions) at 1/12 scale for laser production. The Hurricane, for instance, I'm currently working on will be 41" span.

Eventually (long, long way off!) the Fiat G55 Centauro will grow up too

Ade
Old Jul 27, 2008, 08:56 AM
Joined Apr 2005
9 Posts
G55 growing up

That's GREAT news, Ade! Onward and upward - or would that be bigger and better?.

Even a slightly larger G55 will certainly be better that what I'll be trying to do with the current size kit I purchased last week from Manzano Laser. I've fished out an old set of Robart retracks for 1/2 size glo planes and it looks to be the right size. Is this illusions of grandeur or what?????

Just for everyone's info who might be in the US market for Manzano's products, I can tell you their service is exemplary. I placed the order by phone and two days later the G55 arrived on my doorstep. Those folks are great and very helpful with questions.

Cheers,

Bob
Old Jul 27, 2008, 01:32 PM
Ay up it's warped
Derbyshire UK
Joined Feb 2003
1,304 Posts
Ade

A bigger Hurricane, you charming man. I might swap my little one for that

Mark
mtbrider is offline Find More Posts by mtbrider
Old Jul 27, 2008, 03:19 PM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,540 Posts
Yep, we're working on two 'lines' of warbirds. Basically ~40" and ~30". Once Ade gets done we'll have a Hurricane in both lineups.

charlie
portablevcb is offline Find More Posts by portablevcb