SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:47 AM
Useless Bay, WA
Joined Sep 2005
2,021 Posts
Question
Thaughts on the Art hobby High Aspect 3.1

I've been flying DLG's for a while, and want to improve rangeing without the use of steriods, or becoming a cyborg speciacly designed for hand launch. This would be a first time powered ship, also first ship exceeding 1.5 m. I also wonder how this ship would deal with Sub-c cells, I caught a post were it was said Sub-c's caused a problem with set up?

Take care, Ploof
ploof is online now Find More Posts by ploof
Last edited by ploof; Apr 23, 2006 at 12:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:37 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2003
504 Posts
If its just info about how many sub C cells will fit into the pod youre after, then Id email Andre at Arthobby. Im sure hell give you solid advice. I have just bought a lotus from them and he was good to deal with. Prompt replies to emails, gave an actual shipping price and the box arrived from the US around 4 days after he said it was sent. Quality of the kit is great too. I have been thinking about a big glider for our f5j competitions here and I had thought it would be a good one to try. If you get one, please do a build thread - Id like to see it go together.
Komet is offline Find More Posts by Komet
Old Apr 24, 2006, 07:30 AM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Jul 2004
564 Posts
I put togethor a Hi-Aspect for a friend. We put a polyquest 4,200 mah 3S lipo in it, so I cannot comment about Sub-C fitting. I flew it twice, it had flaps ailerons, used AXi 2820?? and would launch no problem with 1/2 throttle. Seems to be a roomy fuse. I ground down the blind nut for wing bolt down for more room and avoid piercing the battery. It is a very good deal, but you do have to do more work than just dropping in the servos. It came out AUW at 52ozs and had to add a little weight in the tail to balance.
cliffo is offline Find More Posts by cliffo
Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:13 PM
Useless Bay, WA
Joined Sep 2005
2,021 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys

Cliffo were you actualy able to cut in the control surfaces of the main wing yourself. It seems if you were able to install root ribs on the panels there wouldn't be much of a strength issue with full span surfaces.

Komet it sounds like you had a realy good experience with those guys, that's good to hear.

Take care, Ploof
ploof is online now Find More Posts by ploof