Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 23, 2006, 02:50 AM
England
Joined Apr 2006
50 Posts
Discussion
Boy Oh Boy...Where should I start

Hello All! I have just joined here and I am looking very forward to joining your community; a little background information! My name is Karl, I am 17 years old and I live in England. I have real aviation experience; I am nearly at the end of my PPL course! I also have been teaching myself to fly R/C. I have an electric 3CH glider with a 2M wingspan, it has spent more time being repaired than flown…BUT I managed to fly it for 3 hours yesterday without crashing! I am a 6th Form college student and I am studying AS and A2 Level electronics. For my project next year I am planning to build a simple UAV. I will have to produce the electronics side of the project, the plane will be purchased from a local model shop.

I could really do with the experience of others who have been in my position or can guide me/mentor me online!

I would like;

Basic waypoint Navigation (Have been looking at Garmin Geko 201 unit… http://www.garmin.com/products/geko201/

If the model isn’t under waypoint navigation then the plane will fly straight and level until I take control (Thermopiles or Tilt sensors perhaps??)

Autoland??

Base station…?

I don’t ask for much… It is okay if I don’t know any of this yet. The idea of the course is that I research and understand stuff that I didn’t before. I would be really grateful for your help.

Thanks

Karl
captainkarl is offline Find More Posts by captainkarl
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2006, 08:49 PM
always bored(lmao)
Valrico FL
Joined Apr 2006
267 Posts
uhhh.......yeah......try the UAV forum.sorry I coudnt be much of a help.

thanx
mandrin13 is offline Find More Posts by mandrin13
Old Aug 06, 2007, 09:41 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrin13
uhhh.......yeah......try the UAV forum.sorry I coudnt be much of a help.

thanx
Or the U.S. Military... (just kidding)
Mike
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin