SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 22, 2006, 10:27 AM
Rome Da Vinci, Italy
Joined Aug 2003
355 Posts
Discussion
Glass+Wbu or oracover on depron/foam plane?

Hi! I'd like to figure out what's the best covering technique for a foam/depron plane between glass+WBU or oracover. I'd like to know your opinion on these points:

1) Easy to apply (especially on curved surfaces)
2) Costs
3) Increased strength of the plane
4) Increased weight
5) Finish: the glass can be finish in a tons of way but you must be good with airbrush/brush and can be better than oracover that is always good but what about shines, panel lines etc.?

thanks!
Niggo is offline Find More Posts by Niggo
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2006, 10:01 PM
RC ADDICT
United States, MN, Plymouth
Joined Sep 2005
106 Posts
Hey Niggo, check out page 15 of the "STS thread" for oracover/monocote findings. There are also some responses on "protecting depron thread." Ultimately I found that it increases strength immensely and although reg. oracover/monocote can be used and doesn't melt the foam, the finish is sub-par (very wrinkly and wouldn't suit you). Low temp covering is the recommended finish and is very light and applies nicely. Hope this was helpful.

Oh, also the best adhesion came from lightly sanding the surface vs. removing the "skin" on FFF or directly on depron.
gonracn is offline Find More Posts by gonracn
Old Apr 23, 2006, 03:42 AM
Rome Da Vinci, Italy
Joined Aug 2003
355 Posts
HI! Thanks for your info but I haven't found the threads you wrote (for sts, I have a 100 posts for page settings so page 15 can be different from yours , for depron protecting, I tried to search with those words in topic but nothing found)
Niggo is offline Find More Posts by Niggo