SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Malc C, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 23, 2007, 06:05 AM
São Paulo, Brazil
Joined Mar 2004
27 Posts
Hello boys!

Someone can tell me the brand and the part number of the square connector used by futaba?

The interface works pretty good but I changed my radio and now i cant play may sim ...
-=|Novelli|=- is offline Find More Posts by -=|Novelli|=-
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2007, 08:30 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,096 Posts
Search this forum. It was just discussed a month or so ago.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 26, 2007, 04:20 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
Just want to report that I continue (~ 6 months now) to use my RC joystick with Non-interlink version of Real Flight G2, and love it. Thanks to all who have helped to develop this. With a simple Blade CX modified remote and this interface, it makes for an excellent trainer with FMS, or in my case with a old copy of G2 that I purchased, but didn't come with a remote.

I now use it occasionally with my Spektrum DX7, and works great!

I actually ended up changing the code to alessio & andrea's NG^2 since it is so nice to be able to program the PIC and change trasmitter channel values right through the USB, but used Malc and Marc's files and pics to help build it. It is nice that the code is interchangeable.

Keep up the good work, and thanks again!
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Jun 26, 2007, 04:33 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear that all of our efforts have given you hours of siming pleasure
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old Jul 20, 2007, 01:53 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2 Posts
Hello

I have read all posts but nothing on Zhen Hua protocol (walkera DF4) specific transmitter.
Have you plan to develop compatibility for it ?
This specific TX branded only with serial cable it's not compatible with all serial to usb converter, and for modern computer or notebook it's a headache

Thanks
ele_ssar is offline Find More Posts by ele_ssar
Old Jul 20, 2007, 02:41 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
maybe Alessio might be able to jump in here, but as far as I'm awear the protocol used in those transmitters is a form of PCM rather than PPM. I assume that once you have worked out the code sequence it could be a fairly simple task to re-write the code in the PIC to handle these transmitters. However this is somewhat above my ability in both equipment to decode the signals and coding the PIC so can't help you further

The alternative is to purchase one of the commercial interfaces that work with your TX. Have a look at the Milehigh wings range, I'm sure they have one that would suit
Old Jul 20, 2007, 03:00 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,775 Posts
I am interested in knowing what is necessary on your end for support. We have a device programmer for the XtremeLink that is in production. This system can talk to any XtremeLink device. I would like add support for flight sims wirelessly from our modules, and through this device. Perhaps a fake serial port or some other type of conversion would be necesary?
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:26 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2 Posts
Thanks Malc C, perhaps Alessio can help me.
It's more fun to build it's own rather than purchase one
ele_ssar is offline Find More Posts by ele_ssar
Old Jul 21, 2007, 02:47 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
Just did a quick search on the protocl used and found some interesting results, including Eric's site (a regular poster on this forum) http://myweb.absa.co.za/eric.brouwer/zhen_hua.htm

Have a look, and possibly try compiling his source code... it uses a PIC 12F675 which doesn't have USB facility, but I'm sure with a bit of research you might be able to port the code to an 2550 or similar PIC
Old Oct 01, 2007, 10:52 AM
Joined Sep 2007
1 Posts
I just brough a Fubata controller and Im very interesed in getting it to work with my pc. The problem is that I cant seem locate a PIC18F2455 or 2550 in Sweden. I can however get my hands on PIC18F4550 with seems similar. Would this work without modifications to the software? I think I can figure out how to hook it up on my own.
If it doesnt work, anybody know a good place in Europe to get hold of a PIC18F2455.
p1p3 is offline Find More Posts by p1p3
Old Oct 01, 2007, 01:51 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
Not tried it on the 4550, but I'm sure Crownhill will be able to supply you with 2550 PICs

http://www.crownhill.co.uk/product.php?prod=1396
Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:23 PM
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2003
223 Posts
I've read what I think is the entire thread but I'm not clear if I can do this with my MPX Evo 9 and if so what do I need to do it.

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Tripp
trippme is offline Find More Posts by trippme
Old Oct 26, 2007, 02:40 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,821 Posts
Can't give you a definate yes or no. If your transmitter has a trainer port that outputs an un-mixed PPm signal then yes it would work.

As far as what you need to do, well that's covered in the thread, burt basically it involved programming a PIC microchip and building the interface to allow the TX to be interfaced to the PC
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:56 PM
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2003
223 Posts
I know there is a trainer type ability to the Multiplex radios just not sure how they work. I'll have to do a little more research.

Thanks for a little bit of clarity!
trippme is offline Find More Posts by trippme
Old Nov 02, 2007, 03:00 PM
Joined Mar 2007
7 Posts
Spektrum DX7

I buy a Spektrum DX7 and I have the USB interface but i cant do this work. What can I do?
JoMebold is offline Find More Posts by JoMebold