HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Malc C, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 13, 2006, 02:12 AM
Cleethorpes, NE Lincs
Joined Sep 2005
126 Posts
Hi Mikromike,

As far as im aware, as long as your Tx is PPM (or like the FF7 can be either PPM or PCM) and has the buddy connection, I cant see why it wouldnt work with the interface, as it simply reads in the PPM signal that is sent out from the socket on the Tx.
Mark J is offline Find More Posts by Mark J
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2006, 02:51 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Hi Mikromike,

The 16C745 is a one time programmable PIC (excluding the JW version which needs a UV eraser), and is gradually being replaced with the 18F2550 chip, and although they are pin compatable, firmware written for a 675 is not directly compatable with the 2550, so we would suggest sticking with the 2550.

Mark beat me to replying regarding the TX. As he says, all that's needed is a "standard" PPM pulse train from the transmitters buddy box port to work
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old May 13, 2006, 03:05 AM
Greece
Joined Apr 2004
49 Posts
Mark J:
You were absolutely right my friend
I had a wrong crystal! - The electronic shop has been sold me a 40Mhz crystal instead of 4Mhz I asked ... and I didn't noticed that after installing the crystal 'on board'

NOW it's working !!. You guys did an excellent work. Great .asm , great implementation, 8 channels. Tried with my hitec and JR 9X and is working like a piece of cake!
I am trying to compile it using jumber option (after making your changes) but I get compiler error (-i think the problem is with config and the new version of MPASM)

Thanks for your work
Have a nice day ! (......now let's continue rewinding that brushless standing in front of me...he!.he!)
bitmaniac is offline Find More Posts by bitmaniac
Last edited by bitmaniac; May 13, 2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old May 13, 2006, 06:57 AM
Cleethorpes, NE Lincs
Joined Sep 2005
126 Posts
Glad you got it working Bitmaniac

I had a similar problem when i originally got a crystal they gave me a 10Mhz one instead of the 4Mhz (I think the staff at the electrical store are just one step up from McDonalds staff lol)

Mark
Old May 13, 2006, 08:17 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmaniac
I am trying to compile it using jumber option (after making your changes) but I get compiler error (-i think the problem is with config and the new version of MPASM)
Depending on the vesion of MPLAB you might find that the error is caused by the brown out value.

Code:
 CONFIG PWRT=OFF, BOR=ON, BORV=3, VREGEN=ON
The BORV=3 is fine for the latest version (7.31), but in a previous version I found that I had to set the BORV=28 to stop it erroring. Best advice would be to download the latest version of MPLAB
Old May 18, 2006, 01:25 PM
Joined May 2006
113 Posts
Hello,
Thanks for sharing this with us. I am trying to make a cable, here is a dumb question...
where do get the 'latest version' of MPLAB as Malc C suggested?
Thanks.
sameershah is offline Find More Posts by sameershah
Old May 18, 2006, 02:07 PM
Cleethorpes, NE Lincs
Joined Sep 2005
126 Posts
Hi,

Heres a link for MPLAB

MPLAB

Mark.
Old May 18, 2006, 04:25 PM
Joined May 2006
113 Posts
Thanks for the response.
I have one favor to ask...
I just purchased the 18F2550 microcontroller. Can somebody program it for me? I will send the chip and also include the prepaid postage for return shipping.
I don't have a PIC Programmer and I cannot buy one right now (may be in the future).
So any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Old May 18, 2006, 05:46 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
You don't say where you are in the world...??

Do you have $12 ??

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...?products_id=8

Might work out just as cheap to buy one rather than posting a chip around the world somewhere (and then you can program other PICs or more 18F2550's for your mates)
Old May 18, 2006, 05:55 PM
Joined May 2006
113 Posts
I am in US. I will take a look at the sparkfun PIC Programmer. I have a postage meter at our place so postage is not an issue.
I looked at other PIC programmers from Jameco/Microchip which were more expensive.
Thanks.
Old May 18, 2006, 05:57 PM
Joined May 2006
113 Posts
I just realised another thing, I don't have a serial port on my laptop . I am in California USA.
Old May 18, 2006, 06:00 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
USB programmers are not that cheap.

I'm in the UK so the airmail costs, and the time would make it a bit silly for you to send me the PIC to program for you. However I'm sure some of the guys your side of the pond will help out
Old May 18, 2006, 06:04 PM
Joined May 2006
113 Posts
Thanks. I am sure someone will come thru.
Old May 25, 2006, 05:10 PM
Joined May 2006
113 Posts
Thanks Malc and bitmaniac for trying to help. Unfortunately you guys are on the other side of the pond. I am still hoping somebody in US will be able to help me with programming the 18F2550 PIC. I ordered 2 18F2550 PICs and received them today.
Anybody in US willing to help me program the PIC? I cannot afford to buy a USB PIC programmer. I will pay for all the shipping costs etc.
Old May 25, 2006, 05:35 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
e-mail (or PM me) your postal address and I'll program one and post it to you for a small fee to cover airmail, packing and paypal fees, unless Luke or RC-Cam can step in here and help this guy out ?