SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Malc C, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 08:49 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappa_Indy

M&M Code does not work at all, WinXP does not see anything.
Very strange indeed, especially as the M&M version is in effect Alessio's original 4+4 code modified to give 8 analogue channels. The bulk of the code that provides the descriptors etc remained unchanged.
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:21 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDill
Malcolm,
I found that I had a BC547 so just for fun I tested it out too. Worked just fine with both builds and my transmitters. This project has fired up my interest in electronics again. Thanks for everything!
Jeff
Guys,

From my days when I use to make these transistors... the BC107 is the same as a BC547. It uses the same chip, but is encased in a plastic body whilst the 107 is in a metal can.

(107, 108, 109 = 547, 548,549 and similar for the pnp complement)

Cheers,

(Aaahh.. those were the days... when you could make a Germanium power transistor in your kitchen... if you had a furnace and a few nasty acids.. )
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Jun 27, 2008, 05:13 PM
Indianapolis
Joined Jul 2006
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessio70
quite strange.... anyway the difference between 4 axes and 8 axes is that 8 axes is a full speed usb device.... (then requires at least USB 1.1) while 4 axes is a low speed usb device.... what kind of hardware have you build? for 8 axes check you have not mounted the resistor between VUSB and D-

check also the cable... if you used a very old cable.... anyway if you can try to change it...

alessio

There is no resistor from VUSB to D-, the cable is fairly new,and I tried a few different cables.

The harware is your version the A&A version.

I redesigned the PCB however, leaving off the LED and using a mini-b usb connector. The traces from the connector and PIC are as short as possible, so shouldnt be a problem with high-speed USB.

I checked and re-checked my PCB design over and over to make sure there are no probs, and all is good!!

I am at a loss as to what it might be. I am not new to pics and have some USB experience and feel kind of dumb that I cannot figure it out myself.
Jappa_Indy is offline Find More Posts by Jappa_Indy
Old Jun 27, 2008, 05:15 PM
Indianapolis
Joined Jul 2006
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc C
Very strange indeed, especially as the M&M version is in effect Alessio's original 4+4 code modified to give 8 analogue channels. The bulk of the code that provides the descriptors etc remained unchanged.

Yes, it is strange. It is a problem with high-speed operation obviously.

I tried it with another PC and get the same results.
Jappa_Indy is offline Find More Posts by Jappa_Indy
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:40 PM
Firenze/Perugia, Italy
Joined Feb 2005
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappa_Indy
There is no resistor from VUSB to D-, the cable is fairly new,and I tried a few different cables.

The harware is your version the A&A version.

I redesigned the PCB however, leaving off the LED and using a mini-b usb connector. The traces from the connector and PIC are as short as possible, so shouldnt be a problem with high-speed USB.

I checked and re-checked my PCB design over and over to make sure there are no probs, and all is good!!

I am at a loss as to what it might be. I am not new to pics and have some USB experience and feel kind of dumb that I cannot figure it out myself.
it is difficult to figure out what may be the problem.... you could try to add a 4.7u or 10u tantalum capacitor in parallel to the 100n between Vss and Vdd (you could try also to add one between Vusb and Vss just to try something....) and see how it works....

for the crystal/resonator.... well I use a resonator with built in caps and works perfectly so don't think it is the problem.... but you could try with a crystal/caps if you have one....

no other idea for now sorry....

alessio
alessio70 is offline Find More Posts by alessio70
Old Jul 07, 2008, 11:23 AM
gr8
Finland
Joined Nov 2006
43 Posts
Hi!
I've been using few months RC-Usb NG^2 Joystick wih 3.3.4 software. Works great, but i have problem as i'm using two of them, one for RC-simulator with Futaba tx and other is connected to steering wheel for pc-games.

How i can have own calibration data for both of them in winxp(sp3)? If i swap from rc-usb to wheel i have to recalibrate every time!
gr8 is offline Find More Posts by gr8
Old Jul 07, 2008, 11:39 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Can you not save each one under a different profile in game controllers ?
Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:20 PM
gr8
Finland
Joined Nov 2006
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc C
Can you not save each one under a different profile in game controllers ?
Maybe i'm blind, but i don't know way to create game controllers profile in winxp
gr8 is offline Find More Posts by gr8
Old Jul 14, 2008, 04:34 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8
Maybe i'm blind, but i don't know way to create game controllers profile in winxp
You could change the uncompiled code to give each device a different name, so that WinXP reads them as different controllers, and keeps separate data for each one. Then you would compile it and reflash the PIC.

Call it WHEEL INTERFACE and the other REMOTE INTERFACE instead of ng^2.

I am curious that you are using one for a steering wheel... do you mean that you are using an RC car remote as a stearing wheel for games? If so, GOOD IDEA!
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:48 PM
Firenze/Perugia, Italy
Joined Feb 2005
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8
Hi!
I've been using few months RC-Usb NG^2 Joystick wih 3.3.4 software. Works great, but i have problem as i'm using two of them, one for RC-simulator with Futaba tx and other is connected to steering wheel for pc-games.

How i can have own calibration data for both of them in winxp(sp3)? If i swap from rc-usb to wheel i have to recalibrate every time!
I have no idea on what infos windows uses to discriminate controller profiles... I have only one interface here so can't do any test....

anyway you could try (perhaps you have done already) to connect each one of your interfaces to a different usb port and then every time connect each one to its own port.....

but perhaps as Telemachus wrote you could need to assign different names to each device; you can change the name of a device inside firmware source then recompile with microchip mplab and reflash the pics, the name is inside rcjoy.asm in the usb descriptor section:

String2
db Descriptor_end-String2, STRING ; bLength, bDescriptorType
db 'R', 0x00 ; bString
db 'C', 0x00
db ' ', 0x00
db 'J', 0x00
db 'o', 0x00
db 'y', 0x00
db 's', 0x00
db 't', 0x00
db 'i', 0x00
db 'c', 0x00
db 'k', 0x00
db ' ', 0x00
db 'N', 0x00
db 'G', 0x00
db '^', 0x00
db '2', 0x00
Descriptor_end

in case the procedure above won't work you could try also to change the product id inside rcjoy_defs.inc:

#define ID_PRODUCT 0x0105 ; idProduct (2 bytes)

for example you could put 0x0106 but in that case if you want to use the utilities set_assignments and get_assignments you would need to recompile also these ones changing product id in their sources....

alessio
alessio70 is offline Find More Posts by alessio70
Old Jul 15, 2008, 01:09 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Good suggestions guys,

As far as I know Windows retains its mappling of what is plugged in to what USB port, this is why you often get the "found new hardware" pop-up when you plug a USB stick or other device in a different USB port to the one it has previously been installed on. Having said that, I don't think it will apply if you have pluged the device in to every USB port. I would opt for changing the text in the descriptor as Alessio and the previous poster stated and see how that goes
Old Feb 03, 2009, 07:07 AM
Joined Jun 2006
25 Posts
In addition to the transmitters Futaba, HITEC JR and what are the other trasmissores that RCJoy work?
nyxtech is offline Find More Posts by nyxtech
Old Feb 03, 2009, 01:52 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Not sure about Alessio's code, but the original code should work with any transmitter that outputs a standard un-mixed PPm signal. I guess Alessio's code is the same ?
Old Feb 03, 2009, 02:12 PM
Joined Jun 2006
25 Posts
I am using asm file that the forum here. I downloaded and modified to use the asm JP4. Change the file to:

Code:
; ******************************************************************
; ReadChannelAssignment
;	read nAssignment for the current nChannel from the
;	proper assignment table, according to jumper settings
; ******************************************************************
ReadChannelAssignment
	btfsc		PORTC, 0, ACCESS		; RC0 low (Foi necessário alterar PORTB, 7, ACCESS para PORTC, 0, ACCESS)
	goto		ReadChAssignFutaba		; no, Futaba radio
ReadChAssignJR							; yes, JR radio
	; prepare table pointer
	movlw		low JRAssignment
	movwf		TBLPTRL, ACCESS
	movlw		high JRAssignment
	movwf		TBLPTRH, ACCESS
	movlw		upper JRAssignment
	movwf		TBLPTRU, ACCESS			;TBLPTR points to first byte of table
	goto		ReadAssignTable
ReadChAssignFutaba
	; prepare table pointer
	movlw		low FutabaAssignment
	movwf		TBLPTRL, ACCESS
	movlw		high FutabaAssignment
	movwf		TBLPTRH, ACCESS
	movlw		upper FutabaAssignment
	movwf		TBLPTRU, ACCESS			;TBLPTR points to first byte of table
	goto		ReadAssignTable
But something is still wrong, because when I compile the file so it recognizes the interface as if with JP4 closed.

It is as if PORTC was always getting the value 0. Even with JP4 open rcjoy continues the way JR.

I do a test with the multimeter to see if there is any error in the circuit that could be spend doing JP4 signal even when it is open! I believe it is very unlikely.
Last edited by nyxtech; Feb 03, 2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2009, 06:29 PM
Joined Jun 2006
25 Posts
I noticed the tracks of the circuit with the multimeter and there is some error. I put a key in the on-off test and JP4 works seamlessly opening and closing the JP4.

But when recording the pic with the code for Futaba / JR as described above, the rcjoy is configured only as JR independent of the on-off switch is closed or open.

It is as if PORTC only received 0. But I do not understand how this could be happening!