SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 20, 2006, 11:29 AM
Joined Feb 2006
175 Posts
Discussion
Honey Bee FP with Optic 6 radio?

In a cavalier (read: "stupid") moment this morning, I kept the rechargeable AA batteries in my stock ESky radio, and plugged my charger cable into the charger jack on the back of the radio. After a short sizzle and wisp of smoke, I decided that this method would not work and I disconnected the cable.

So now onto my question: would an Optic 6 radio with the Spectra module work with the stock ESky rx without any mods or additions to the rx? I can buy one locally and I had been considering it anyway, so I can have one radio for my two helis and whatever I get in the future.
scratchee is offline Find More Posts by scratchee
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:19 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
yes, it will work as long as it is on the same freq. Besides that you can leave the xmitter in airplane mode with a 4 channel heli.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Apr 20, 2006, 01:40 PM
Joined Feb 2006
175 Posts
Well, this is weird, but it turns out that my radio isn't fried after all. Though there was a sizzle and that "special smell," the actual problem was an intermittant connection in my battery pack. Why this happened to coincide with my charger goof, I can't say...but after straightening out a spring, I'm flying again.

Thanks for the help Darth...I'll probably still look at the Optic 6.
scratchee is offline Find More Posts by scratchee