Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:40 AM
RRR
Suspended Account
Kentucky
Joined Jun 2004
115 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Rant
If you get ripped off on here tell us by who!

!!!!! What is the deal??? Some one rips you off on here you make a thread and don't tell us who did it??? Why make a thread at all????????? rant off
RRR is offline Find More Posts by RRR
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2006, 09:54 AM
United States, KS, Coffeyville
Joined Aug 2005
799 Posts
Trader Rating: 56
Because you still have hope that the deal will come out favorably for both people, and by popping out the other guys name right away it is a crap shoot. He may make good on the deal to keep his rep in good standing, or he could say **** it and leave it at that. In my case I also wanted to see other peoples opinions on this particular deal (assuming this thread is directly associated with my bad deal thread), and if the seller doesn't respond or amend this situation by tonight I will "confirm" his id...
Snooptalian is offline Find More Posts by Snooptalian
Old Apr 19, 2006, 12:00 PM
RCNO Duct Innovator...
Grovetown, ga.
Joined Sep 2005
321 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR
!!!!! What is the deal??? Some one rips you off on here you make a thread and don't tell us who did it??? Why make a thread at all????????? rant off
What real purpose does it serve? The site management takes little or no action, perpetrators are still allowed full use of the site....just doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble anymore.....
kliff is offline Find More Posts by kliff
Old Apr 19, 2006, 02:39 PM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by kliff
What real purpose does it serve? The site management takes little or no action, perpetrators are still allowed full use of the site....just doesn't seem like it's worth the trouble anymore.....
Wellll, it might keep someone else (like ME! or even you) from getting ripped off. I think its a good idea. To not post a rip-off would be like telling a newcomer to camp, "There's a landmine field over thataway someplace...." but not tell him exactly where. Who in their right mind would walk a single step? Hey, I wanna buy stuff here. And do. Its my wife who keeps strewing landmines....
Bil
Cessna 182 is offline Find More Posts by Cessna 182
Old Apr 19, 2006, 02:57 PM
R/C CRASHER
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Dec 2004
854 Posts
Trader Rating: 140
I thinck its a great ideal, i just bought a heli from "L_castle", after recieving my money no more replies, he has done this to others, so i thinck its a great ideal to post the scums name in here to protect others from getting ripped off. im still waiting for my hard earn $450 bucks back, ill be taking legal actions on this guy.
tkoguy is offline Find More Posts by tkoguy
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:33 PM
RCNO Duct Innovator...
Grovetown, ga.
Joined Sep 2005
321 Posts
Yeah, i felt that way once, now.... just don't trade with anyone here any more. The criminals have more rights and privledges than the innocent. Safer to trade with a total unknown on ebay.
Read the reports you're all writing....am I wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna 182
Wellll, it might keep someone else (like ME! or even you) from getting ripped off. I think its a good idea. To not post a rip-off would be like telling a newcomer to camp, "There's a landmine field over thataway someplace...." but not tell him exactly where. Who in their right mind would walk a single step? Hey, I wanna buy stuff here. And do. Its my wife who keeps strewing landmines....
Bil
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:38 PM
Team Me!
AB, Canada
Joined Mar 2005
3,161 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
then just trade with the well known people, Plasmaman, JBourke, Moderators, punkindrublik, Blaze.45 and many other good people i missed.
P-38J-Lightning is offline Find More Posts by P-38J-Lightning
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:41 PM
RCNO Duct Innovator...
Grovetown, ga.
Joined Sep 2005
321 Posts
No, not until the admin puts a "sticky" up, with a list of the less than reputable traders.....otherwise, it could take hours to see who is forth right, and who isn't.
And you know exactly who sould be at the top of that list, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-38J-Lightning
then just trade with the well known people, Plasmaman, JBourke, Moderators, punkindrublik, Blaze.45 and many other good people i missed.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:50 PM
Angering mobs since 1980.
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Sep 2001
2,929 Posts
Trader Rating: 333
I think what the original poster was saying is why do people pop off on a rant about being ripped off but in that rant not bother to clue the rest of us in on who the crook is....
Twmaster is offline Find More Posts by Twmaster
Old Apr 19, 2006, 07:59 PM
Cincinnati Cin N.Knty, Ohio, United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,037 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
So far I have been lucky and have not been ripped off yet. Hopefully it will stay that way.
chris8105 is offline Find More Posts by chris8105
Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:00 PM
Team Me!
AB, Canada
Joined Mar 2005
3,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kliff
No, not until the admin puts a "sticky" up, with a list of the less than reputable traders.....otherwise, it could take hours to see who is forth right, and who isn't.
And you know exactly who sould be at the top of that list, don't you?
since its you ill guess BW7 Do i win the prize? If you go down to the New Forum Requsts i put in a thing for a Good Guy/Bad Guy list. A fair amount of voters but no action from the mods.

wheee my 999 Post

Link for it - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475240
Last edited by P-38J-Lightning; Apr 19, 2006 at 08:02 PM. Reason: adding Link
Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:16 PM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
Oh, I defintely agree that the guilty should be named. No doubt about it. But there shouldn't be a post until it is clear that you're ripped off. Nothing more embarassing than to post a rant, then have the guy write you 2 days later saying your object is on the way, sorry for the delay, my father/mother/child/ etc., died. Bil
Cessna 182 is offline Find More Posts by Cessna 182
Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:18 PM
Team Me!
AB, Canada
Joined Mar 2005
3,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna 182
then have the guy write you 2 days later saying your object is on the way, sorry for the delay, my father/mother/child/ etc., died. Bil
Has that happened in this forum? that would be terrible!!!!
Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:35 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
Trader Rating: 116
something similar happened a few months ago. I believe it was to punk or Blaze. They purchased something, and the guy died of a heart attack or something of that nature before he shipped the item.
They didn't find out for several days what happened.
I'm not sure how everything turned out. Maybe someone else could illuminate the subject a little...
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Apr 19, 2006, 08:37 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Trader Rating: 139
Lol, yeah P-38... It's happened many a time on here. Twice to me, at least twice actually... that I remember.

Jstone speaks of Punk's most recent encounter. The widow had to deal with the death, AND fulfill the sales and duties that her husband hadn't had a chance to complete. A sad story indeed... sad and frustrating for everyone.

One of the hard questions is... how do you ask for your money back or goods.... from an old lady who's just had her life companion pass away? It was hard... I know how punk felt.

----------

Good thread here. I'm in support of helping others out by naming the guilty. Bil brings up a good point to make sure you don't "jump the gun"... Use common sense, but then again don't be afraid to expose someone if you truly feel in danger.

It's your right to make it known... and if the seller/possible crook turns out to be legit and it's all a mistake, then they should:

1) Be understanding
2) If not be understanding, then read the Bill of Rights...
3) If they're illiterate, or just don't care... then stop selling here.

We got a good bunch of guys (and girl?) who work hard to keep this place nice and clean. If you don't care to be decent and civil, then get out.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Closed Thread