Apr 17, 2006, 08:04 PM
Thread OP
Help!

I need a James Bond for my Barrelback!

I hope anyone on this forum can help me with this!
I am building a Chris-Craft Barrelback in scale 1:8. My plan for it is to
have James Bond on the helm, possibly wearing a white dinner jacket, and
a matching female companion for him. However, I could not find any scale figures like that. Maybe I could sow the outfits myself, if I could get figures in the right size.
Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2006, 03:46 AM
Dragon Slayer
small Barbie & Ken dolls
Apr 18, 2006, 04:04 AM
Useful Idiot
and have Barbie get the Barrelback in the divorce settlement ....
Apr 18, 2006, 08:08 AM
KC8WPF
You'll need a figure about 9" high, which are hard to find. Best bet is looking at the toy stores for a figure 8-9" high. At last year's Toledo show I went around to the various companies that make pilot figures for r/c planes and showed dthem pictures of my barrelback, as well as photos of the whole Dumas CC line and the Proboat barrelback; told them we needed figures for our boats. I didn't get much sympathy. One of the figure guys was across the aisle from Horizon's booth, which had the Proboat barrelback on display. I drageed one of the guys over to look at the boat and explained in detail what we need to no avail.

For what it's worth here are some of the r/c airplane pilot makers. Maybe if enough of us write in, we'll get some figures for the 1/8 scale runabouts.
Cajun R-C Specialties
Century Jet Models
Frank Tiano Enterprises
MGA Pilots
Perfect Pilots
Slimline
Vailly Aviation
HP Pilots
Apr 18, 2006, 10:37 AM
Don't know how tall they are, but there a lot of listings on ebay for a James Bond Ken with a Bond Girl Barbie that look like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAMES-BOND-KEN-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Pete G
Apr 18, 2006, 11:06 AM
According to The Wife, your best bet might be to search the Web for one of the 1/8 or 1/9 scale resin or Vinyl movie/TV "Character" figures made by a company called also called "Horizon" back in the 1980's - early 1990's. She had (and has since alas, sold) the "Dr Jones" Sean Connery figure from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and it WAS about 1/8, AND of Connery -- but bearded. (Not much use unless you're doing a 1/8 scale "Red October"....! )

I believe they also made Star Trek (Kirk and Spock) , Terminator I, etc -- may be a bit of work to "Modify" but at least it's a start.....

Paul

Added: Wife also says that the Mego toy company made 8" fully articulated/jointed dolls of Characters like "Superman" about the same period. These came with removeable cloth outfits/costumes and could be "redressed" any way you liked. You might find some of these figures on eBay.
Search: Toysand Hobbies/Action Figures/Mego/"8 inch"

Hope this helps!
Last edited by killick; Apr 18, 2006 at 02:50 PM.
Apr 18, 2006, 04:19 PM
Shortly after I launched my Dumas Chris-Craft, I found a bin full of discontinued collectible 'action figures' in the discount bin, and picked up a couple of 'em (a casually dressed 'Luke Duke' and a rather natty 'George Burns' (!) -- with cigar, of course.) At 8", they're about the right size. Chop a bit off the lower torso so they sit right, and you're good to go. Until someone realizes it's Luke Duke and you are instantly uncool.

So I like the Bond idea.

Howabout:

Xena Onatop?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36561

Or the gal with the golden 'tan'?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36561

But Bond himself is hard to find in 1:8 scale. Best I've seen is a plastic kit:
http://www.hobbysetcohio.com/pym5035.html

Of course, you have to pair it with this--perhaps you can build a trailer for it to tow the boat?
http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/in...p?m=ga&g=ga011

Luck. Good Luck.
Apr 18, 2006, 04:42 PM
Thread OP

thanks everybody

thanks everybody for the pointers!

rallison - that aston martin would definitely be nice, I liked the idea with the hitch & trailer, although in my mind I picture James Bond not having to worry about moving the boat around... I imagine him at a cocktail party at someones lake house taking the boat out for a spin with the lady.
Apr 18, 2006, 10:02 PM
KC8WPF
If you build one of the Dumas CC triple cockpits you might try to find Indiana Jones and some bad guys wearing a fez. Running the model between two large freighters is your call.
Apr 19, 2006, 01:58 AM
Taking care of the pond.
Cool.
Last edited by MILLERTIME; Jul 27, 2011 at 10:45 PM.

Quick Reply