SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:41 PM
Zanesville, Ohio
Joined Jan 2004
83 Posts
Discussion
Slowstick - New Rear End

All of the foam on my SlowStick got broke pretty much when I moved and now I am looking to replace the foam in the back without getting another kit. I need some suggestions on where I can get this kind of foam or something sturdy that will work and not throw a beginner off *too* much :P

Some people have told me to use the foam that comes with meat packages from the store but i know there has to be a different way....Cheaper? (because you dont have to buy the meat haha)

Ive been tempted to try and get a little foamie and try to fly it before I try and kill my SS (i havent got to fly it yet and its already broke! haha)

So any links, suggestions are welcome..

Thanks!

~Robert
kc8tad is online now Find More Posts by kc8tad
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2006, 01:35 PM
Leucadia, CA
Joined Jan 2006
10 Posts
Get some 3mm depron and just trace your old tail onto it and cut if you still have the pieces. Just did this to my little brothers slowstick and it flys the same as with the stock tail.
metalmulisha60 is offline Find More Posts by metalmulisha60
Old Apr 13, 2006, 04:01 PM
Master of 1 point landing
Naperville, IL
Joined Jul 2005
2,841 Posts
Or just use bluecor or balsa. Doesnt have to be foam you know.
ImaBiggles is offline Find More Posts by ImaBiggles
Old Apr 13, 2006, 05:59 PM
Zanesville, Ohio
Joined Jan 2004
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBiggles
Or just use bluecor or balsa. Doesnt have to be foam you know.
I thought it did? I mean really I dont know squat about materials and stuff like that. (Sorry)....

Ive used balsa and if its what im thinking ive only had it in strips to build the "balsa bridges" in high school (to see how much weight one can hold with your design).

Very cool though..foam seems easier to cut at least in my case...

Thanks

~Robert
Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:09 PM
Joined Dec 2003
206 Posts
Why not buy a new set of tail feathers from your local hobby shop? Not too expensive, and they are already cut to size.

................Moose..................
OFFA 1 is offline Find More Posts by OFFA 1
Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:19 PM
Joined Mar 2004
5,237 Posts
Most btchers will give you free meat trays if you ask. "Kid's Science project" etc. Cheap. Use old parts for template. Or get some election sign CoroPlst - indestructible.
rutat is offline Find More Posts by rutat
Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:33 PM
Zanesville, Ohio
Joined Jan 2004
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmoose43
Why not buy a new set of tail feathers from your local hobby shop? Not too expensive, and they are already cut to size.

................Moose..................
I didnt know that...for the fact that I lived in an area that took 45 minutes to get to a "local hobby shop" LOL...at least one that had RC gear. I think theres one up about 20 mins from me now but i dont know if its even open or not anymore.

Thanks

~Robert
Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:36 PM
Zanesville, Ohio
Joined Jan 2004
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutat
Most btchers will give you free meat trays if you ask. "Kid's Science project" etc. Cheap. Use old parts for template. Or get some election sign CoroPlst - indestructible.
I really didnt think about that. I guess around here would be the local rinky dink grocery store..i suppose they have a butcher? Who knows! I hate this area. New Philadelphia, Ohio area (dennison, ohio). If you ever get a chance to visit, dont. :-D

Thanks..

~Robert