SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 18, 2001, 01:59 AM
Tantrums Rock!
Joined Jul 2001
268 Posts
Electric Ducted Fan U-2 Spyplane? ? ?

Hello All!

I am new to the r/c electric airplane hobby. I am curious if anyone knows of plans, kits, or any flying r/c U-2s powered with EDFs, as opposed to tradition prop-drives.

THX,
Verich
CheeseWing is offline Find More Posts by CheeseWing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2001, 06:40 AM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,120 Posts
This month's issue of Electric Flight magazine from the UK. It has a photo of the U2 EDF that Grant Calkins has built and flown. Search here on the Ezone for Grant Calkins....you should find his email and he'll be eager to tell you about it. Good luck!

Jason
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2001, 09:01 AM
Exton, PA, USA
Joined Jul 2001
35 Posts
I have plans for the U-2a from Jack Bale. The plans are for a IC powered ducted fan with 106" wingspan. I'm not sure but maybe it can converted to EDF with only minor modifications. I think the plans were about $20.00 three years ago. If you would like I can email you Jack's address and contact information.
Ted tmpalfalvi@netscape.net
tmpalfalvi is offline Find More Posts by tmpalfalvi
Old Jul 20, 2001, 08:55 PM
Miami, FL
Joined Oct 2000
142 Posts
We are kitting the U2A very soon based on Jack Bales plans. With his permission of course.....Go to http://www.RTModels.com
We are not kitting the ducted fan version but you should be able to convert it yourself if you are creative.
rtrigo is offline Find More Posts by rtrigo