HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2006, 01:44 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,379 Posts
Fly-In
Northern VA, DC,MD Electric Flyers Loudoun County Aeromodelers 7th Annual Electric F

Greetings All

The Loudoun County Aeromodelers Association would like to invite all electric flyers to our 7th Annual Electric Flyin. The flyin is scheduled for Saturday, July 22, 2006 at our Club Field in beautiful Banshee Reeks Park, Leesburg VA. Start time is 9:00 Am and we will fly until about 5:00 PM.

The entry fee is $5.00 and inculdes our world renown lunch for all registered pilots. We will also have our usual raffle.

The flyin is a low key, non competitive event with plenty of flying and lots of rubbing elbows with your fellow E flyers. There are no events, just fun.

For more information, please go to http://www.lcaa.org and click on the "Events" windsock on the left side of the page. Scroll down to JUly and you will see a link for the the event flyer. It has all the information you will need.

If anyone has any questions or if you require any additional information, either give me a call or drop me an E mail or PM and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Hope to see everyone at the field in July.

Brian Allen
Loudoun County Aeromodelers Association

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Brian Allen is offline Find More Posts by Brian Allen
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2006, 01:56 PM
Maryland
Joined Nov 2003
1,380 Posts
No kidding. Something east coast for a change?

Sounds like a good time - shoot me a PM so we can provide you with some raffle prizes.
ScubaSteve is offline Find More Posts by ScubaSteve
Old May 01, 2006, 09:26 PM
Fly 'em fast!
Rockville, MD
Joined Aug 2002
885 Posts
Brian,

Looking forward to coming out to the LCAA field again for the fly in. You guys put on a first-rate event last year. I'll be bringing my Extra 330. Unfortunately, the fast Projeti suffered a "setback" two weeks ago. I hope to replace it with a Microjet that I'll bring too just to satisfy the adrenaline junkies among us.

Is LCAA planning to represent at the DC Spring Sizzle in a few weeks? We'd love to have your folks again! It's too far to go for SEFF and NEAT!

ScubaSteve, come check out our event too. We'd love to have more folks at the event.
RCMustang is offline Find More Posts by RCMustang
Old May 02, 2006, 12:10 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,379 Posts
RCMustang

Thanks for the note. I and a number of my fellow LCAA guys will most definitely be at the Sizzle. Don't know how many as of yet but probably at least 6 to 8.

Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the CASA guys at our Flyin in July!!!

Brian Allen

veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old May 22, 2006, 03:38 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,379 Posts
Greetings All

Figured I would drop in and start a list of the fine companies who have been generous enough to ptovide items for the raffle at our upcoming Electric Flyin on July 22. The Loudoun County Aeromodelers greatly apprciates the support from everyone.

Kool Flight Systems has sent us a couple of their new micro UBECS, something like 7 grams. Sweet looking little things.

FMA Direct has sent us a gift certificate for any of their fine products.

Astro Flight has sent us a Wattmeter (everyone has to have one of them) and one of their new 19 size brushless motors.

Castle Creations has sent us four of their Thunderbird 18 Brushless ESC's and some nice T shirts.

Tom Hunt from Modelairtech and the boys at Aerocraft have promised us a couple of doodads, will post them when I figure out what they are. Tom has sent us a couple of Speed 600 motors to pass around. Aerocraft has sent us two kits of Tom's Stik Bilt designs, the Miss Stik 280 and the Elipstik 460. Nice flyers both!!

Sig Mfg has sent us a nice Gift Certificate for their many fine products.

Club member Ron Anderson will again be providing a couple of the fine laser cut cuts he sells of the enlarged Rascal (What we call the Real Rascal) and the original Schoolgirl designed by Ken Willard. The Rascals will come with the GWS Gear Drive and motor, prop and ESC.

Hobby Hanger has given us a bunch of stuff for the raffle. Some of the items, but not all, are:

Two Berg 4 channel RX's
Several LiPo battery packs
Great Planes Polycharge 4 Lithium Charger
Thunder Power TP-425 Lithium Charger
Ultrafly Frio 10/Apollo ESC Brushless Combo
Several Bottle of CA
E Flite Mini Ultrastik Plug and Play Version
(Includes Motor/ESC/Servos)
Great Planes J3 Cub Parkflyer ARF
Several other kits.

I will update this list as more stuff comes in.

If anyone has any questions please let me know. I hope to see everyone at the field on JUly 22.

Brian Allen
Loudoun County Aeromodelers

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Last edited by Brian Allen; Jul 20, 2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2006, 06:11 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,379 Posts
Greetings All

I have been out of the loop for a bit with the older daughters high school graduation and a vacation trip to Orlando and then coming back to find my basement and shop flooded from all that torrential rain we had while we were gone. Have managed to get just about everything cleaned up and ready to roll.

We are about three weeks away from the 7th Annual Loudoun County Aeromodelers Electric Flyin on Saturday July 22 at our field in scenic Banshee Reeks Park in Leesburg, VA. Hope everyone has cleared some time to be able to attend. As noted before, if you have any questions drop me a note or hit our club web site at http://www.lcaa.org and go to the events flag and click on the event poster. My phone number is on the flyer so call if you have any questions.

I have gotten a couple more items for our raffle and I am expecting a few more things plus our usual nice donation from Hobby Hanger Speedway in Chantilly. I have updated the rafle list in post #5.

Hope everyone can make it. We are looking forward to a nice day and a great time.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old Jul 12, 2006, 03:28 PM
Frderick MD
Joined Oct 2004
94 Posts
I made the cover of the Loudoun County Times last year!
Good flyin, good time.
stickyzdc is offline Find More Posts by stickyzdc
Old Jul 15, 2006, 04:12 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,379 Posts
Greetings All

The 7th Annual Loudoun County Aeromodelers Association Electric Flyin is but a week away. The long range forecast (for whatever that is worth) looks good so we all hope we will be blessed with nice weather and a good turnout.

I have updated the raffle list in post #5 and I still am waiting for a few more goodies to show up.

Hope to see everyone next Saturday the 22nd at Banshee Reeks.

If anyone has any questions PM me or drop me an E mail.

Went to the PGRC Electric Flyin this AM. In spite of some on again off again showers, had a great time and a nice turnout.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:57 PM
Fly 'em fast!
Rockville, MD
Joined Aug 2002
885 Posts
I'm really looking forward to the event again this year. I had a great time last year.

I'll be replacing the Projeti flybys with my Microjet, although I may get a Projeti again since Hobby Lobby has them in stock again. The Microjet if very cool, but very twitchy!

See you early Saturday!
RCMustang is offline Find More Posts by RCMustang
Old Jul 16, 2006, 07:23 PM
Jaded Flyer
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2004
2,025 Posts
I'll be there saturday as well. See you there.

mike
mcharles13 is offline Find More Posts by mcharles13
Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:47 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,747 Posts
Brian,
Somehow I missed you at the PGRC event. I was the one flying the SU27 foamie. I will be there next weekend. Last year I attended 2 of your events and they both were great
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Jul 17, 2006, 03:30 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,379 Posts
Gary

Thanks for the note. Sorry I missed you at PGRC, I do remember the SU-27 buzzing around. Hope the turnout got a bit better in the afternoon. My buddy Ron and I had to leave early due to family obligations later in the day.

Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the guys on Saturday. Weather report so far looks good, lets keep our fingers crossed.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old Jul 19, 2006, 06:32 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,379 Posts
Greetings All

Well it is Wednesday and it is three days from the Flyin. Weather is looking good although I did have a scare last night when I clicked on the Weather Channel and started seeing references to Tropical Storm Beryl. I said, what the hey, I can not believe this!!!!!!! Anyway, according to the forecasts today it looks like it will stay offshore and not be a problem.

Weather forecast is calling for temps about 80F with light winds and the possibility of some afternoon/evening storms. Looks like it should be a nice day.

Ron and I stopped by Hobby Hanger today and left with a couple of large bags of goodies for the raffle. Many thanks to Hobby Hanger for thier continued generosity and support!! I have updated the raffle list in Post # 5.

Heading out tomorrow to do some shopping for the lunch and what not.

Hope to see everyone at the firld on Saturday.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:43 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,379 Posts
Greetings All

Well it is less than a day away from the Flyin and of sourse it looks like the weather might be a bit unpredictable. Of course it has been excellent all week and as the weekend approaches something may happen!!!! Go figure.

I have been following the weather reports all day and as of now it looks like things will probably be OK. The latest report is calling for a 40% to 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. Weather.Com hourly report looks OK for the morning and most of the afternoon so I think we will be OK.

I will be at the field about 7:30 to 8:00 AM to get setup etc. If anyone has any concerns about what is going on, I will have my cell phone with me so just give me a call and I will be able to tell you what is happening. If you go to our Club Web Page at http://www.lcaa.org and click on the phrase "poster" next to the Event Listing on the home page, it will take you to the event flyer. My cell phone number is on Page 1 of the flyer. Just give me a call and I will give you the up to date info.

I have taken a load of support stuff (tables etc) over to the field this morning and the field looks to be in great shape. Many thanks to Roger Hammel for spending time mowing the fields and parking areas.

Hopefully we will have a nice day tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing everyone. And if it is raining lightly in the AM don't let that keep you home, things will get better!! Get those batteries and radios charged up guys!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:15 PM
Spaced Out
No. Virginia
Joined Jul 2005
238 Posts
Charging everything tonight, see you tomorrow!
WinginIt Jr. is offline Find More Posts by WinginIt Jr.