HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2002, 03:06 AM
zel
Tampa, FL USA
Joined Jul 2002
4 Posts
Flying in Florida

Anyone around Tampa, FL flying some foam parkflyers? So far everytime it hit a park its been cloudy and the wind kicks up 10-15mph... which my zagi penetrates pretty well but i get about 15 feet or more up and i'm hittin some nasty air. Maybe its cause i'm all of, like, 10 feet above sea level.... its pretty much a standard zagi 400-X... except without the canopy, it uhhhh, was slightly damage on its maiden flight..... so i keep it off now cause it prolly does more harm then good... I have noticed each park has its own "hot spots" for bad air that alwasy seem to be there. I found a decent park but i got kicked out because the motor was "scaring the horses", state park so they can do that... i didn't care for the smell anyways.

Well anyways, anyone stormin parks or school yards in the tampa area gimme a shout, not many people flyin foam, or anything else come to think of it.....
zel is offline Find More Posts by zel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2002, 07:15 AM
It's a Great Day to Fly
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Joined Jan 2002
3,863 Posts
Zel,

I am on the other side of the state in Melbourne Beach, but I notice that in the early morning the air is calmest. It is winder on the beach side than farther inland. I usually drive about 15 to 20 minutes inland on days that I can't fly beachside at the school and it is usually calm enough to fly. I find new construction housing sites that the streets are in but no houses where I am flying. It is good to have a friend along, I bring my daughter who is learning to fly.

Len
LenBFP is offline Find More Posts by LenBFP
Old Jul 07, 2002, 09:34 PM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
ST Pete/ seminole here

we got the same problem on this side of the bay too bro
i am flying a tiger moth, Pico Stick FD, and and the a6m5 zero
(all gws)

i can fly from about 6 am till 8:30 am most mornings and then again from about 7pm until about dark

i am 3 miles from the beach at indian shores (park / gandy blvd)
in seminole (but for you that would be an hour to travel)

a bunch of us local renegade schoolyard flyers are looking to find and old building along st rd 19 for indoor flight (like an old convention center or warehouse) the problem so far has been ceiling height....naturally
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy