Joined Mar 2002
11,447 Posts
Discussion
NEW E-flite Super Airliner

NEW E-flite Super Airliner

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL7000
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...dID=EFLM1320DF
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ID=EFLM1320DF2

The new Super Airliner DF ARF (EFL7000) from E-flite offers scale elec*tricflyers an incredible combination of features in a plane thatís nearly ready to take flight right from the box. Two ducted fan units are installed and ready to accept the recommended motors (EFLM1320DF). You will need two of these or one twin pack (EFLM1320DF2). The fully molded and painte airframe requires little time to assemble, making this Super Airliner ready for takeoff in a short amount of time. Additionally, all flight control surfaces are pre-hinged, reducing assembly time and ensuring smooth response right away. The included shock absorbing landing gear ensures that takeoffs and landings are smooth and stable. The BL400 DF Outrunner Motor is also available separately, either individually (EFLM1320DF) or as a twin pack (EFLM1320DF2).

- Fully molded and painted for quick assembly

- Two ducted fan units included

- Shock-absorbing landing gear and more
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2006, 01:39 PM
Ohio Wapak
Joined Feb 2002
3,710 Posts
Has anyone got one of these yet?
thor4944 is offline Find More Posts by thor4944
Old Jun 08, 2006, 10:08 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,284 Posts
Saw one today at my LHS. The box is as big as a coffin. Nice. But very much out of my price range.

BM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old Jun 09, 2006, 08:05 AM
Ohio Wapak
Joined Feb 2002
3,710 Posts
How much is it?
Old Jun 14, 2006, 09:10 PM
EDF Nut
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2006
2,113 Posts
$154.99 for the plane, $109 for both brushless motors, $82 ish for both brushless 20 Amp eflite escs.
www.horizonhobby.com

Carl
carl rich is offline Find More Posts by carl rich
Old Jun 15, 2006, 08:30 AM
EDF Nut
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2006
2,113 Posts
Inrunners???

Does anyone have one and can comment on the following?
I wonder if an inexpensive inrunner could be used? The suggested motor is an outrunner at 3500Kv. Isn't that a bit much to spin a 66mm 3 blade fan? Is the fan too heavy for an inrunner? I wonder if something like a Waldera 3200Kv or an Art-tech 3800Kv would spin a fan just as well but at 1/2 the cost.
Unknowns:
weight of fan unit
mount arrangement / distance between holes (inrunners use mount pattern for GWS 350 gearbox)
How to mount fan to inrunner shaft. Out runner shaft diam. is 2.3mm, Inrunners both have 2.0mm shaft diam.
There must be some sort of prop adapter that comes with the fan unit.

Carl
carl rich is offline Find More Posts by carl rich
Old Jun 15, 2006, 01:36 PM
Ohio Wapak
Joined Feb 2002
3,710 Posts
I dont know if anyone bought one yet???? If you did what is the flight time on it.? I am waiting for Backyard flyer to do a report on it..
Old Jun 16, 2006, 09:32 AM
Vancouver, Washington
Joined Aug 2005
37 Posts
Airliner

First flight on my airliner yesterday; easy to fly, plenty of power with recommended setup. Plane is complete but I wish they would allow me to do more of the final construction. Please e-flight allow me to install hinges and ply stiffeners/mount points as factory installation has quality control issues. Elevator hinges were not properly installed (also had hinge problems on the e-flight P47) not enough glue to properly bond wing attaching supports. Had plenty of glue in the blind nuts so they had to be replaced before the wing could be attached. May be it was a good thing the wing mounting supports were not bonded properly as it was easy to remove them so the well glued blind nuts could be replaced. Follow this link for first flight video. http://media.putfile.com/SuperAirliner
glennnickelson is offline Find More Posts by glennnickelson
Old Jun 17, 2006, 01:53 AM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2004
1,687 Posts
Nice flight Glenn!
I hope to have mine ready to maiden Sunday.

Harry
harrymc is offline Find More Posts by harrymc
Old Jun 17, 2006, 07:23 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,722 Posts
That is kewl. Thanks Glenn
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:22 PM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
United States, AL, Tuscaloosa
Joined Nov 2004
1,687 Posts
I maidened my SuperAirliner this past weekend. First flight was off pavement, second flight was off our club grass runway. Both flights were great! It does take longer to get off of grass but I learned that it takes full up elevator to get the nose wheel light enough to get off the grass (remember to let off a little at lift-off )
I installed a Curtek Systems, Navigational Lighting System earlier this week and tested it tonight. I hope to fly it again with the lighting system tomorrow or Saturday.
I took a 4 minute video of it running up and down the driveway tonight.
I'll get some video of it in the air this weekend.
Here's the link to the video:
E-Flite Super Airliner with Curtek Sytems Navigational Lighting System

Harry
harrymc is offline Find More Posts by harrymc
Old Jul 09, 2006, 02:50 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Joined Jan 2004
588 Posts
The plane is listed at @189 in Toronto Canada without the motors. The motors are another $75 each plus you would need two speed controller I am told. Ouch. That comes to around $600 to get this thing into the air. Is there a reason why we Canadian's are being double hit with the price - eventhough our dollar is at .96c?
pkrska is offline Find More Posts by pkrska
Old Jul 14, 2006, 02:07 AM
Las Vegas
Joined May 2003
33 Posts
Superliner DF

Glenn,

First and formost very cool video, not to many available on the net, so thanks for putting one up, i really appreciate it.

Many questions for you:

1) How did you get yours so quickly, we desert dwellers here in Vegas still have to wait until the end of the month, do you order direct?

2) Does the aircraft balance perfectly at the suggested C.G.

3) I understand your point about the hinges, my P-47 was a mess and had to be re-worked, should i expect the same?

4) Did you use the reccommended setups, hardware and throws?

5) I have all of the hardware already, just waiting for the aircraft, other than your points listed below is there anything else i should look out for other than the obvious?

6) I noticed the flight was relatively short, was this intentional and if so what did the full flight times yield on the 11.1 V, 2100 Mah packs?

7) How as the plane to land? In the video, it looked like it sank very fast, did you have to fly it all of the way to the ground?

8) How would you rate the airplane overall?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but it look likes so much i just want to get it right!

Once again, well done on the maiden and on the video, if you have any more you'd like to share i'd love to see them.

Viva Las Vegas,
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennnickelson
First flight on my airliner yesterday; easy to fly, plenty of power with recommended setup. Plane is complete but I wish they would allow me to do more of the final construction. Please e-flight allow me to install hinges and ply stiffeners/mount points as factory installation has quality control issues. Elevator hinges were not properly installed (also had hinge problems on the e-flight P47) not enough glue to properly bond wing attaching supports. Had plenty of glue in the blind nuts so they had to be replaced before the wing could be attached. May be it was a good thing the wing mounting supports were not bonded properly as it was easy to remove them so the well glued blind nuts could be replaced. Follow this link for first flight video. http://media.putfile.com/SuperAirliner
Vegasvince is offline Find More Posts by Vegasvince
Old Jul 14, 2006, 02:11 AM
Las Vegas
Joined May 2003
33 Posts
Harrymc,

I have only one thing to say to you about your video and light system, that was freakin sweet!

Great job on the vid, when the plane was idle with the lights on it looked so scale, great job!

Vegasvince
Vegasvince is offline Find More Posts by Vegasvince
Old Jul 14, 2006, 07:41 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,464 Posts
I believe it is the second batch that are coming in "the end of July." They have had a couple up in Sacramento since at least early June. (That's when I first saw both a kit and a finished plane. Nice job on this one and nice video. I was very impressed with the landing on that runway, good job Glenn! Mike
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Jul 14, 2006 at 07:49 AM.