HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:54 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,857 Posts
Discussion
Loyalhanna Dockyard now selling the "Sounds Amazing" stuff!

They have a lot on their website so far. Not the full range that JJC Electronics list themselves but almost all of it.

http://www.loyalhannadockyard.com/SOUNDSAMAZ.htm

I just ordered three sound modules. For my PT boat, my fishing boat, and my Coast Guard lifeboat. They are very pricey at $80 each!

But I am hoping they are worth it when I hear them in person. I am also thinking I can set them up with quick-disconnects so that I can use the modules in several boats as needed.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2006, 08:12 AM
Fair Lawn, NJ
Joined Apr 2006
36 Posts
Hi kmot, Have you heard of Harbor Models ? they have almost all the same stuff as loyalhanna and are a bit cheaper contact dave at harbormodels@earthlink.net he's really a great guy and knows his stuff and will go out of his way to help
Bob D. is offline Find More Posts by Bob D.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:25 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,416 Posts
I don't think these are the same as the "RAM" modules(i have heard some of the RAM sounds...), I am interested to hear how these Loyalhanna boards sound. They might give the Robbe sound generator some competition.
$80 is a bit steep for a single sound, but I like that it will change pitch with the throttle. And it is a third the cost of some of the programable model railroad diesel sound boards.

Kmot, if you can record the sounds into your computer see if you can post the .wav, or wma file so we can hear what these sound like.
Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Apr 11, 2006, 01:15 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,857 Posts
Umi_Ryuzuki, these sounds are available to listen too on JJC Electronics website:

http://www.jjc-electronics.com/Propenginesounds.html

These are what I based my choices on. Not all sounds are posted though. But you can't really know for sure until you hear them in person! I have a couple RAM sound units. Not even close, in comparison. Plus, the RAM digital units are not throttle controlled, just a constant loop.

Also, check out the smoker unit on the home page:

http://www.jjc-electronics.com/index.html

Loyalhanna does not list it yet, but they should!

When I get one installed, I will video tape it so you can hear it in action!
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Apr 11, 2006, 02:06 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,416 Posts
I would be interested in hearing the small diesel, The large one has all the valve noise, which seems odd. I am always looking for a programmable file because I have an audo bit for the boat already...
Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki