HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2002, 01:30 PM
Box Elder, SD
Joined May 2002
1,473 Posts
Must Do - Crazy Max Mods?

YIPPIE ! ! ! !

Got my Crazy Max and Hitec Flash 5 radio in the mail today! I'm one happy camper right now, except for the fact that I can't play with my toys untill tonite. hee hee

Are there any must do mods for the Crazy Max? I'll check here before I do anything.

Thanks guys!

Crashin J

nr5a is offline Find More Posts by nr5a
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2002, 02:29 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Hi Crashin, you should be able to fly it tomorrow then. It doesn't take long to put together.

I'd recommend covering the fuse with packing tape (even if you use the stock decals), and reinforcing the firewall to fuse joint with a bead of ProBond. Making some doublers for the wing mount will help it last longer, you can use scrap plastic or balsa or lite ply.

I mounted my rx behind the servos to have enough battery room. Since I was flying off grass and wanted to be able to do touch & go's I also reinforced the landing gear and put on huge tires.

A mod to help the looks a little is adding a Edge shaving cream top for a cowl.

It's a great flying, fun plane. Be sure to let us know how the first flight turns out.

Good luck,

BC

check out my CrazyMax pages
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Jul 05, 2002, 02:40 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined Jun 2001
224 Posts
I just got mine yesterday from HP on sale for $40. I have reading up on Basketcase's Mod. If anyone want to share their mods please do so. Thanks.
bill
billyboy is offline Find More Posts by billyboy
Old Jul 05, 2002, 04:17 PM
Box Elder, SD
Joined May 2002
1,473 Posts
Hey Basketcase!

I'm in and out today, just tried to go to your pages and got this message!

" The Tripod page you are trying to reach has exceeded its hourly bandwidth limit. The site will be available again in 2 hours! "

Oh, I've got 1/2" LiteFlite Wheels, and got the Edge shaving cream lid this morning. Now going to fly, and hit the hobby shop for a few odds and ends. Dubro pushrod set for one thing. hee hee

Hopefully later tonite it will work, darn!

Crashin J
Old Jul 05, 2002, 04:58 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Sorry about the web site being over limit. I took some pages and pictures off to cut down on that. I guess I'll have to split it up into more sites.
Old Jul 05, 2002, 10:24 PM
Box Elder, SD
Joined May 2002
1,473 Posts
Basketcase, for the record, I got to your website tonite. Had no problems, in fact printed the Crazy Max part. You've done a super job with it! Your plane looks really cool, with the mods to me it kinda gives it a bush plane flavor. I'll do the mods as I build it. Do you still fly it?

Crashin J
Old Jul 05, 2002, 10:29 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Thanks Crashin J, not flyin it right at the moment, on one of the last crashes bent the prop shaft and stripped the spur gear. I tried a GWS drive but am currently waiting on a backordered Wattage drive from HP.

BC