HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2006, 09:52 AM
You're good!
United States, VA, White Stone
Joined Jun 2005
6,894 Posts
Discussion
Horizon selling Trex as ARF??

I found this interesting. I guess they are trying to match Tower's Helimax. Atleast they aren't trying to claim it as their own brand.
Safety Hawk is offline Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2006, 10:16 AM
Washington, the state
Joined Nov 2005
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Hawk
I found this interesting. I guess they are trying to match Tower's Helimax. Atleast they aren't trying to claim it as their own brand.
Looks like a pre-built 450X, the shorter boom version of the 450, nice electronics bundle and price IMO....
Bonzer is offline Find More Posts by Bonzer
Old Apr 08, 2006, 12:16 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzer
Looks like a pre-built 450X, the shorter boom version of the 450, nice electronics bundle and price IMO....

wow if that includes those elects then it is a steal.. But I really dont think it does.. But I could be wrong!

Great find
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: GenAce Tattu 25c 22,000mah 6s1p
Old Apr 08, 2006, 12:29 PM
Washington, the state
Joined Nov 2005
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbooth
wow if that includes those elects then it is a steal.. But I really dont think it does.. But I could be wrong!

Great find
I'm thinkin the same, the elecs are likely extra..... Too bad we'll have to wait until 'mid June' to find out.
Bonzer is offline Find More Posts by Bonzer
Old Apr 08, 2006, 12:41 PM
Pasco, WA
Joined Oct 2005
106 Posts
Look in the gallery. Electronics are the suggested components. It says Alum main frame, with some alum parts, not a bad deal.
Rustykfd is offline Find More Posts by Rustykfd
Old Apr 08, 2006, 09:47 PM
Got H2? Fuel Cell R/C Car
United States, TX, Del Rio
Joined Mar 2004
2,488 Posts
It looks like a SE/CDE mix. Some metel/CF, but a lot of plasitc in the head.
Keith43221 is online now Find More Posts by Keith43221
Old Apr 08, 2006, 10:33 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,450 Posts
Still not a bad deal... But one of the best parts about a rex is building the damn thing...
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: GenAce Tattu 25c 22,000mah 6s1p
Old Apr 08, 2006, 10:37 PM
Make that a double!
Joined Mar 2005
79 Posts
What's the point of being pre-built, when you have to take it all apart to check the screws for locktite? At least I would.
tsirhcdica is offline Find More Posts by tsirhcdica
Old Apr 08, 2006, 10:42 PM
Joined May 2000
2,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Hawk
Nice, Horizon has the the best distribution in my area, I'd get Trex parts from them in a heartbeat. Great news. Their Blade support was phenominal. I'd like to see a big Blade.
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S
Old Apr 08, 2006, 10:45 PM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
I think is a pretty big thing almost all hobby shops order from them and now they can get the rex from them. Align is in for a big awakening this thing is going to start selling more and more. My lhs owner says its pretty hard to find a good trex parts dealer that you can order from at wholesale but now trhey can just order from horizon. This is a marketing strategy from align and horizon hobby. Its genius!
Nick J is offline Find More Posts by Nick J
Old Apr 08, 2006, 11:39 PM
Laughing so hard it hurts
Dayton, OH
Joined Dec 2005
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trexbuilding
I think is a pretty big thing almost all hobby shops order from them and now they can get the rex from them. Align is in for a big awakening this thing is going to start selling more and more. My lhs owner says its pretty hard to find a good trex parts dealer that you can order from at wholesale but now trhey can just order from horizon. This is a marketing strategy from align and horizon hobby. Its genius!
I dunno, Horizon sells many brands on it's website that are not an official part of thier distribution network or affiliated with in any way, just because it's available on thier website doesn't mean that it's available through thier distribution channels in any large quantities..... if that makes any sense...... in other words if they are the official distributor they will push and advertise the product and always have huge quantities of kits and parts on hand, if they are not the official distributor they will most likely have no more effect on the product than any other typical online retailer, they will have limited amounts of stock on hand....... about the only brands you will never see popup on Horizons website are those in the Great Planes distribution network.... as the two seem to be bitter enemies and competitors.
Twistedblades is offline Find More Posts by Twistedblades
Old Apr 08, 2006, 11:47 PM
Suspended Account
Redding, Ca
Joined Nov 2005
5,040 Posts
I hope that isnt the case because my lhs needs a better distribution retailer. If there smart they will supply horizon with lots and seeing as horizon exclusivly has this heli i think this may be the case mabe align gave them permission to manufactur the trex under the align name.? MMMM wouldnt that be nice no more oval gears!
Nick J is offline Find More Posts by Nick J
Old Apr 08, 2006, 11:53 PM
Laughing so hard it hurts
Dayton, OH
Joined Dec 2005
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trexbuilding
I hope that isnt the case because my lhs needs a better distribution retailer. If there smart they will supply horizon with lots and seeing as horizon exclusivly has this heli i think this may be the case mabe align gave them permission to manufactur the trex under the align name.? MMMM wouldnt that be nice no more oval gears!

Well, on the bright side, it is very possible that Align and Horizon are working out some kind of deal..... that would tend to explain the fact that the T-rex has yet to show up on Towerhobbies website, however.... when and if Align ever does become part of Horizons distribution network that doesn't really mean that we'd see an improvement in quality, Align would still be the manufacturer.... Horizon acts ONLY as a distributor.
Twistedblades is offline Find More Posts by Twistedblades
Old Apr 08, 2006, 11:55 PM
RALEIGH, NC
Joined Feb 2006
983 Posts
Wow- the gears arent suppost to be oval?

Ive never seen a round one. But really.The Horizon Align Trex is aimed right at Tower Hobbbies Helimax MX 400.No doubt.
Crash549 is offline Find More Posts by Crash549
Old Apr 09, 2006, 09:39 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2005
338 Posts
wow. but this means that all prices will be going down because its just like a se without the tail case and all metal head.
prodigy is offline Find More Posts by prodigy