HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jul 05, 2002, 12:30 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,790 Posts
What is wrong with that picture?

The picture with Steffi holding the my Concorde was the most popular picture in the Gallery. It was deleted because of the comments it caused.

" This is a family friendly site. Users shall refrain from cursing, posting lewd or offensive pictures, text, or other media, or in any other way conducting themselves in a manner that would be uncomfortable for children or the parents of children who browse here".

Pictures like that are obviously not welcome.

What do you think? Opinions please. Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2002, 12:41 AM
Perth
Joined Apr 2002
1,122 Posts
Jurgen

I guess most folks don't like the Concorde. It's just a matter of taste.

I think it's a great picture.

Alfred
Alfred is offline Find More Posts by Alfred
Old Jul 05, 2002, 12:48 AM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
A beautiful girl and a beautiful plane. Your wife? Daughter? Girlfriend?

Nothing Lewd, provocative, offensive about it, but again, she is pretty.
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Jul 05, 2002, 12:52 AM
Shirley, New York, United States
Joined Apr 2002
250 Posts
if that's not appropriate...

If that pic is bad, I think I'm going to have to go into my libraray and toss most of my copies of RCM.

What kind of comments was the picture generating? If people are posting innapropriate comments, the posts should be removed. I personally think there is nothing wrong with the picture.

_Adam
afabio is offline Find More Posts by afabio
Old Jul 05, 2002, 12:54 AM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
I can't imagine!
I'd like to know what the comments were too.

RB
Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Old Jul 05, 2002, 12:58 AM
Switzerland
Joined Jun 2002
58 Posts
Delete the replies!

Looks like a typical cover photo on RC Modeller which has never been suggestive or in poor taste, although pictures of women holding airplanes while wearing bathing suits never seemed justified! Unless, of course it was a flying boat and they were "retrievers" ????
chrikopp is offline Find More Posts by chrikopp
Old Jul 05, 2002, 01:00 AM
Hey, I wanna fly too!
United States, TX, Justin
Joined Sep 2001
223 Posts
Re: What is wrong with that picture?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurgen Heilig
It was deleted because of the comments it caused.
It's a problem we have here in the states, kinda like the concept of gun control. Due the the actions of others, we often make snap decisions and just kill things at the source

My opinion: I do not disagree with providing "family safe" content, BUT if the picture generated politically incorrect comments, the comments themselves should have been deleted, not the picture.

Terry G Phillips
tphillips is offline Find More Posts by tphillips
Old Jul 05, 2002, 01:20 AM
Shirley, New York, United States
Joined Apr 2002
250 Posts
Cover photos

I've only seen a (radio control) model magazine cover cause problems once. It was an issue of Radio Control Model Cars (Gene Husting's book) many, MANY years ago. The cover model was sitting on some rocks in a bikini, holding a tamiya hotshot(am I dateing myself yet?). The angle she was holding the car at, and the angle of the photographer made it look like she wasn't wearing any bottoms to the bikini. Note that you could not see anything - -but the car itself covered the side of the bikini, causing it to appear as if she wasn't wearing one. Later issues of the magazine carried letters from folks in the midwest who said their local newstands would not sell that issue to kids.
I can see that as being a bit over the top, even if it wasn't intended.

Back to the topic at hand - I asked my Fiance her opinion on the picture. She aggrees there is nothing wrong with it. That's the kind of outfit that one would wear to work.

-Adam
afabio is offline Find More Posts by afabio
Old Jul 05, 2002, 01:21 AM
When the time is right
Hayward, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,637 Posts
WHO'S IN CHARGE HERE ?

Welcome to the internet Jurgen.
Duke58 is offline Find More Posts by Duke58
Old Jul 05, 2002, 01:30 AM
Colonial Heights, Virginia, USA
Joined Mar 2001
1,710 Posts
hi Jurgen .... if there's anything wrong (and i believe a lot) , it's all in THEIR screwed-up heads......VERY pretty and welcomed photo... and the plane's not bad either...hang in there bud........ kw
KillerWatt is offline Find More Posts by KillerWatt
Old Jul 05, 2002, 01:49 AM
St Paul, Mn
Joined Apr 2001
365 Posts
I remember reading the post that got it pulled. It was a short one sentence reply, made by some teenager no doubt, refering to how he would "insert 4-letter with one letter bleeped out "F" verb that anytime". Does that make sense?? LOL Im trying not to get this one pulled for Jurgen. I would have pulled it too....
Put it back up Jurgen, it only got pulled because apparently a pretty girl holding a plane is too much for some geeky teenager to handle.

Chris
bozmonster is offline Find More Posts by bozmonster
Old Jul 05, 2002, 02:11 AM
Joined Mar 2001
1,710 Posts
i'll 2 nd that...... why aren't these post "screened" better, and then the attempted " obscene " problem poster be "unplugged " for about a year.....that would fix the real problem and bother or offend the " good guys " like Jurgen............ kw
Old Jul 05, 2002, 02:13 AM
Joined Mar 2001
1,710 Posts
make that " NOT " offfend or bother in previous post....my error............ kw
Old Jul 05, 2002, 05:22 AM
Michele Somaschini, Spain
Madrid (Spain)
Joined Sep 2001
1,102 Posts
I like the pic. Nothing offensive. The girl is nice.
RookieOne is offline Find More Posts by RookieOne
Old Jul 05, 2002, 05:59 AM
Mugi Pilot
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined May 2000
521 Posts
Seems grossly unfair to me. I agree the comments should have been removed, not the photo.

Is a photo of a female subject be 'expected' to receive offensive commentary?

The Ezone is not supposed to be an exclusively male area, so what if you are a female modeller and would like to submit a shot of yourself holding your own latest model?

This must be a mistake by admin, or we'll all have to post photos with zero human subject matter as, let's face it, either sex could theoretically attract offensive comments.

Jurgen, I really hope Steffi did not read or was not upset by any untoward comments.
Moogee is offline Find More Posts by Moogee
Closed Thread