SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by mrm1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:53 PM
Oh well...
USA, OH, Huffman Prairie
Joined Dec 2004
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm1
Not exactly .... Oh how about a 1.5" x 1/4" nick/cut in the mantle. That was hilarious . We later found the chip and can glue it back in

As to hovering, I realized 2 things about that video:
1. that is the first time in 2 months I have even attempted it
2. after the video I got on the simulator to my favorite hover plane (a modified cap 232 that is fairly simple to hover) and found I could hardly hover it either.
Guess I was rusty! to say the least. But the whole flgiht last night was not staged to shoot a video, it was birth out of a despiration to fly the UCanDo. I was in the shop and had it powered up WOT while holding the canopy and was letting it go for just a few seconds. I thought, "wife is having a group meeting in the living room tomorrow night ... and the couches are all pushed back ... FLYING FIELD !" Yep, that's how it came about.

Mike
Mike,

What a great demonstration of how durable that plane is!

I guess you must rent that house and the furnishings.

Looks like you're having lotsa-fun....

jd
jd2001 is offline Find More Posts by jd2001
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2006, 01:37 PM
Fly a LiL' Lower Will Ya!
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
Well I am sorry to report that the UCanDo is in disrepair again. I drove it straight into the ground today. Decided to fly it outside and trim it out as it had not been trimmed yet when I flew it in the house last night.

Well, Trying to hover and got inverted and "up" went down. cracked wing in two, and ripped the whole frount end off the fuse. Guess I do better inside.

Got to go to the hardware store for my Shoo Goo. Man this plane is up to nearly a tube of that stuff now. I think it flies funky because it has so much glue all over it.

Mike
mrm1 is offline Find More Posts by mrm1
Old Aug 27, 2006, 07:51 PM
Just one more plane!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2004
2,537 Posts
Mike is your CG moving on ya?

John
JWarren is offline Find More Posts by JWarren
Old Aug 27, 2006, 08:07 PM
Fly a LiL' Lower Will Ya!
North Central Florida
Joined Sep 2004
4,811 Posts
Yes John, the CG has been on the move since all the glue ... and i did not know it until a few days ago. I had added a carbon fiber rod from nose to tail to keep the fuse from "wagging", and was flying the batter all the way back in the compartment. I CG'd it and it is much better.

But since the crack up in the previous post I have glued it back together and flew it again yesterday. I had it in a flat spin when I over controlled it with aileron and it flipped into a spin in the other direction. Before I could recover and respond to the change, I drove it nose first in to the ground again. Did not bend the motor shaft, but tore the motor mount stick out, ripped wing in 2 and split the rear of the fuse.

But, it is back together again today and ready to go

tough bird.... mike
mrm1 is offline Find More Posts by mrm1
Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:43 PM
Just one more plane!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2004
2,537 Posts
Foamies are cool. It takes a lot less effort to keep having fun with one while the glue dries on the .40.

John
JWarren is offline Find More Posts by JWarren