HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2002, 08:32 PM
CT, USA
Joined Jan 2002
83 Posts
yet another Crazy Max maiden flight

After a disappointing maiden flight around noon today I came home with the motor ripped out of the mount and the fuselage split in two. Some ProBond and clear packing tape did the trick (I also reinforced the plastic wing mount with some CA and pieces of old cards (the hard plastic type credit card material)) and I took her out at sunset, hoping for the best. This time the CM was without landing gear as it had gotten ripped out from the first crash and I couldn't find it. Nice dead calm conditions at the field, a swift hand launch over some tall grass (just in case) and away it went beautifully. At first it wanted to climb a bit too steeply at 3/4 to full throttle so I gave it a tiny bit of down elevator trim and the problem was solved....it zipped along at full throttle at a nice shallow angle, just what I was looking for. Next, I went for some loops. No problem. Then some rolls.....man it looks awesome up there doing perfect axial rolls, alternating left roll, right roll, left roll..etc. After a bit of a disappointment with the GWS Zero (just got it flying nice the other day, waiting for some dubro ez connectors for the aileron pushrods to make adjustments easier) this is my first real aileron plane that I've actually been able to attempt aerobatics with. And my pushrods are on the innermost hole of all my servo arms! what a blast.

Construction-wise I like how straightforward everything is, especially in terms of the servo and control linkage mounting.

This is a great little plane that really has a lot to offer.

Can't wait for my next flight tomorrow morning.
HMX14 is offline Find More Posts by HMX14
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2002, 10:00 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
You're maiden flight sounds identical to mine. The elevator hinge tape failed causeing a shallow, but fast crash into the gound. It tore off the motor mount and split the fuse. I've only flown it twice since, because I lost the nut to that holds on the prop. I haven't been able to stop at the LHS to pick some up. Overall, it seems to be a nice plane, but I have to fly it more!

-Brett
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture
Old Jul 05, 2002, 12:49 PM
PA
Joined Nov 2001
20 Posts
Sorry to hear about the maiden voyage, but at least the second flight went smooth. I'm having lots of fun with my CM too...just need to find more time to fly it.
helk0 is offline Find More Posts by helk0