HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2006, 12:47 PM
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Joined Jun 2004
585 Posts
Discussion
How to learn to fly inverted with the Blade CP?

Every time I fly my Blade I get to thinking about trying to fly inverted. Is there anything I should do to learn flying inverted with a heli? I can hover inverted on a sim (FMS). I know my Blade won't be able to hover inverted since my it's 100% stock parts. I would like to try loops and rolls though. Should I just pull back and use idle up to reverse the pitch, and hope I don't crash?

Thanks,
Crazyrcer
Crazyrcer is offline Find More Posts by Crazyrcer
Last edited by Crazyrcer; Apr 05, 2006 at 01:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2006, 01:26 PM
California
Joined Nov 2005
236 Posts
I'd start with a better simulator like Realflight G3. It will teach you the control you need without the expensive and time consuming fix-it jobs.
Neil
neilswolf is offline Find More Posts by neilswolf
Old Apr 05, 2006, 01:53 PM
Joined Mar 2004
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyrcer
...I know my Blade won't be able to hover inverted since my it's 100% stock parts...Crazyrcer
I don't have a Blade CP now but I do have a completely stock Esky CP2 with 3S 1000 pack. Not sure about the Blade but I can hover invited with the stock CP2. Just make sure it is light weight and the main and tail motors are not worn. At first start with plenty of altitude. It may be kind of hard to see the orientation but it is better than crashing. Gradually you'll lower the altitude when you get better.
uabass is offline Find More Posts by uabass
Old Apr 05, 2006, 01:58 PM
MaxiR, Sniper
Lansdale, PA, USA
Joined Dec 2004
1,151 Posts
You don't mean 'flip to idle up' during the roll, do you? Usually you go to idle up either on the ground, or in hover, and the setup has enough positive and negative pitch to hover both normal and inverted.

I'd practice some 90 deg over and back first... Give a little extra positive pitch, right stick until the rotors are vertical, then right stick back to flat. Get a feel for the amount of time it takes to do that and recover. Then try to make those smooth, so you have about zero pitch when the blades are vertical.

If that feels good, then think about full rolls.
Cobra is offline Find More Posts by Cobra
Old Apr 05, 2006, 01:59 PM
Joined Mar 2004
474 Posts
Oh BTW, on the Blade CP, you will also need 9t pinion, symetric blades and light weight 3S LiPo to fly inverted.
uabass is offline Find More Posts by uabass