HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2006, 06:09 PM
Fly Cheap. Fly Hard. Fly Daily
USA, UT, Riverton
Joined Aug 2005
381 Posts
Discussion
Utah County Flying Sites

So guys, I'm trying to assemble a list of most of the popular flying sites in Salt Lake, Tooele, and Utah counties. I have the UVA field, and I've heard that folks in Utah Co. often fly at a place called "Four Corners".

What are the exact sites you're flying at? Ideally, if you can Google Earth it and give me exact longitude and latitude, or provide the text of a .KML or .KMZ file, that would be awesome. Even parks are good, as parks which tend to have enough space for one person to fly a parkie are often good for two, too

So far, the list I have is fairly sparse. I want to include sailplane, fuel, and electric fields if possible so that we have a pretty comprehensive list. Any takers?

The master list of sites is here:
http://uterc.org/node/84

And an example of the kinds of entries I make after I visit a flying site and write it up:
http://uterc.org/node/75
redgiki is offline Find More Posts by redgiki
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2006, 02:15 AM
USA, UT, Riverton
Joined Aug 2005
381 Posts
Crickets

The sound of crickets, bullfrogs, and the whistling wind are very encouraging
Old Apr 05, 2006, 08:21 AM
Utah Flyers
Farmington, UT
Joined Dec 2004
1,638 Posts
There are a few on our web site just follow the links at the top left. http://www.utahflyers.org it needs to be updated as I know we are flying at other locations now.
natetanr is offline Find More Posts by natetanr
Old Apr 05, 2006, 10:37 PM
USA, UT, Riverton
Joined Aug 2005
381 Posts
Sure enough! I'm a maroon, I wonder how I missed those?
Old Apr 05, 2006, 11:31 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,989 Posts
redgiki

Several of us have talked about your request and are not sure we want our active flying sites getting that kind of exposure. None of them are sanctioned fields. Most of them are only available at certain times. We're afraid if we get more people who don't know the situation showing up we may end up losing some of our flying sites.

That's the reason I haven't responded to your request yet, and I assume there are others who feel the same.

Jeff
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Mar 23, 2007, 03:17 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,989 Posts
Add to Flying Site Map

Here's a map entry for the website. Hope this format is useful Nate.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 03:23 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,989 Posts
Geneva Map

Here's another one. Orem Geneva Park.