HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2006, 11:17 AM
Centerville, In. USA
Joined Jul 2001
1,966 Posts
Discussion
6 stator tooth LRK wind?

I have a small 6 tooth stator that I want to rewind. Would a LRK wind be better, torque wise, than a standard ABCABC wind? How would they be different assuming that you can wind a 6 stator tooth with the LRK. I would think it would it is possible and actually better than a 12 stator motor that every other stator is skipped. There is much more room for wire. Opinions? RCNutt
rcnutt is offline Find More Posts by rcnutt
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2006, 12:04 PM
USA, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Jul 2005
787 Posts
I have a 6 tooth stator motor ... 20mm diameter and 10mm thick ... using 10x5x1 N-50 magnets ... 8 poles NSNSNSNS ... I wound it ABCABC and terminated in Delta

It flys on a Projeti on a 4.75x4.75 APC prop ... static 22amps ... CC25 on 3s1p 2100ma lipo

Not as fast as my GB double 20mm motors on 10 poles ... but it is very smooth in acceleration and has a nice "sound".

Curious how you would wind your in LRK fashion .... I'll give it a try.

Just checked my chart AbCaBc will work with 2 and 10 poles

AcBaCb with 14 poles .... the only "recommended" wind is ABCABC with 8 or 4 poles.
fanfoldfan is offline Find More Posts by fanfoldfan
Last edited by fanfoldfan; Apr 02, 2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2006, 05:45 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnutt
I have a small 6 tooth stator that I want to rewind. Would a LRK wind be better, torque wise, than a standard ABCABC wind? How would they be different assuming that you can wind a 6 stator tooth with the LRK. I would think it would it is possible and actually better than a 12 stator motor that every other stator is skipped. There is much more room for wire. Opinions? RCNutt
Several 6 tooth schemes are shown here .
Exactly what you use depends on the magnet arrangement.
Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Apr 02, 2006, 06:36 PM
Centerville, In. USA
Joined Jul 2001
1,966 Posts
Actually this motor has a magnet ring in it. It has 8 magnet poles. I have wound it with 11 turns of 23 gauge (I think) wire ABCABC. I was just wondering if a LRK wind could be used, and if it would lower the KV. And maybe be more efficient. But it looks like ABCABC is the only wind I can use. I just thought I would ask. Thanx guys for the input. RCNutt
rcnutt is offline Find More Posts by rcnutt
Old Apr 03, 2006, 08:48 AM
USA, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Jul 2005
787 Posts
let us know how it runs with the magnetic ring that is in the bell ... I also noticed the ring was a rather strong 8 pole ... even though it is all one ring. I always wondered how it would have run as is. Wish I could find some more of the cd roms those 6 notch stators came from.
fanfoldfan is offline Find More Posts by fanfoldfan