HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2006, 06:29 AM
ireland
Joined Feb 2006
23 Posts
Help!
Thrust Bearing In Blade Holder Assembly

I AM BUILDING AN EVO 30.THEIR IS A CAUTION IN THE BLADE HOLDER ASSEMBLY IRO THE THRUST BEARING.IT SAIS THE LARGER INNER DIAMETER MUST FACE THE HOLDER .TO ME BOTH DIAMETERS LOOK THE SAME.MORE IMPORTANTLY WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY GO IN THE WRONG WAY AROUND!!!

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
direstraits is offline Find More Posts by direstraits
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2006, 06:40 AM
USA, CT, Farmington
Joined Nov 2003
856 Posts
Take the bearing races and place them on an Allen wrench. The race with the larger hole will hang just slightly lower.
imodel is online now Find More Posts by imodel
Old Apr 02, 2006, 06:56 AM
ireland
Joined Feb 2006
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imodel
Take the bearing races and place them on an Allen wrench. The race with the larger hole will hang just slightly lower.
IM AFRAID TO ASK WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY IN THE WRONG WAY AROUND.I HAVE PAST THIS ASSEMBLY STAGE AND AM WONDERING HOW HARD ITS GOING TO BE TO REMOVE THE BEARING TO CHECK.ANY IDEAS
Old Apr 02, 2006, 08:20 AM
USA, CT, Farmington
Joined Nov 2003
856 Posts
I'd make sure they are correct and take the grips apart, it only takes a few minutes. Cheap insurance for peace of mind.
imodel is online now Find More Posts by imodel
Old Apr 02, 2006, 10:17 AM
Mulit-Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2004
2,950 Posts
Slip both races on the spindles, rock them back and forth. One will move much more than the other, thats the larger ID.

Caps is SHOUTING, please refrain.
barracudahockey is online now Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Old Apr 02, 2006, 10:34 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,438 Posts
If they are installed the wrong way around the smaller inner diameter could rub against the feathering spindle causing a bit of friction.
Is there any chance you have mixed up the two sets, so that on one set you have both small ID ones, and the other both large?
Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Apr 02, 2006, 12:12 PM
ireland
Joined Feb 2006
23 Posts
got it sorted

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
If they are installed the wrong way around the smaller inner diameter could rub against the feathering spindle causing a bit of friction.
Is there any chance you have mixed up the two sets, so that on one set you have both small ID ones, and the other both large?
Pat MacKenzie
that is exactly what happend!!! thanks a million for the advice.

got it sorted now.
Old Apr 02, 2006, 12:14 PM
ireland
Joined Feb 2006
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey
Slip both races on the spindles, rock them back and forth. One will move much more than the other, thats the larger ID.

Caps is SHOUTING, please refrain.
no more shouting