HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by JimJams, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 07:33 PM
James
Australia, NSW, North Narrabeen
Joined Nov 2004
331 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
For Sale
NEW - Top Flite P-51B Mustang #RARE#

FOR SALE ON EBAY:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Top Flite P-51B Mustang Collectors Edition (RARE)

Here’s your chance to own the most sort after scale kit in the world, the Top Flite P-51D Mustang with the P-51B collectors edition conversion kit. This is very rare. What makes this purchase so special is the additional material that comes with it.

To make your Mustang be the talk of the flying field it includes the following scale after-market parts:

- Top Flite Spinner

- Top Flite 4 Blade Display Propeller

- Robart P-51 Scale Wheels

- Royal Products Scale Cockpit Interior

- J Tec Instruments

- Iron Aces “Chuck” Scale Pilot

- British WWII Decals

To help you make your Mustang look exactly like the real thing, the following documentation is included:

- P-51B Blue Prints

- P-51B Detail Plans (showing all rivet lines etc)

- Robart Photo Pack

- Orginal P-51 Flight Manual

- 5 Colour Books On P-51B, C and D’s

Kit Details:

The P-51D was designed for new and established scale modelers—anyone who doesn't have time to create scale detail from scratch. Its computer-simplified design brings the most popular WWII fighter to life with unparalleled building ease and authenticity.

0. Photo-illustrated manual speeds hobbyists through assembly, and includes steps for optional retract and flap installation_

0. Molded ABS half-cowl and 1-piece radiator scoops, plus precision-formed exhaust ports and wing guns, add detail without work...clear canopy includes molded-in relief details_

0. Wings are fully sheeted for additional authenticity_

0. Optional Conversion Kit (TOPA1615) converts this well known P-51D version to the earlier P-51B "razor back"

"Just about all kit manufacturers produce Mustangs, and while they all have at least one virtue...Top Flite has managed to combine all these features and more into one neat (and affordable) package."—Radio Control Modeler

SPECIFICATIONS

Stock Number: TOPA0110

Wingspan: 65 in (1651 mm)

Wing Area: 734 sq in (47.4 dm2)

Weight: 8-10 lb (3629-4540 g)

Fuselage Length: 56.6 in (1438 mm)

Engine Required: 2-stroke .61-.90 cu in (10-15 cc) or 4-stroke .91-1.20 cu in (15-20 cc)

Radio Required: 4-6 channel w/4-7 servos
JimJams is offline Find More Posts by JimJams
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2006, 01:27 AM
ɯoɔ˙sǝıqqoɥɥɔǝʇlɐıɹǝɐ ˙ʍʍʍ
United States, UT, Lehi
Joined Apr 2005
632 Posts
Trader Rating: 142
Good luck getting $375.00USD... I'll offer $100.00 plus actual shipping.

Mike K.
smileyz is offline Find More Posts by smileyz
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2006, 04:23 AM
James
Joined Nov 2004
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyz
Good luck getting $375.00USD... I'll offer $100.00 plus actual shipping.

Mike K.

I read your question on Ebay;pfft!

I'm selling it for that much because I live in Australia and the kit has been discontinued over here. I spent 3 months trying to find one and couldn't, so I bought it from overseas.

Top Flite 1:7 kits over hear sell in shops for $400 - $500 AUD, so I think it's a fare price for a rare kit that can not be bought over here. I know of one one 1:5 P-51 B kit that is in a small hobby store. it's $850 AUD.
Last edited by JimJams; Apr 01, 2006 at 05:54 AM.
Old Apr 07, 2006, 10:26 PM
James
Joined Nov 2004
331 Posts
Sorry, but I pulled the listing down before the end of the period because someone offered me a good deal. He has now told me he can't afford it, so I have relisted it.

As I'm now keen to sell quickly I have reduced the price and placed it on a shorter period.

I will not take anymore off ebay offers as I don't want to loose out again.

it is relisted here: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Cheers

James
Old Apr 09, 2006, 10:39 AM
Joined Apr 2006
3 Posts
Wow! May I ask what's so special about an Australian P-51? Is it right hand drive or something?
Buckeye_01 is offline Find More Posts by Buckeye_01
Old Apr 13, 2006, 06:17 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,754 Posts
Trader Rating: 84
Hey man, you don't have to knock the guy...he wants to sell it for that price let him...you don't wanna pay for it...keep looking...
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Closed Thread