HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2006, 09:47 PM
Death and Taxes
Des Moines I'm in Heaven...I mean Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
833 Posts
Discussion
Is there an official Estarter building thread out there?

Been looking for a e-started building thread that would walk me thru the areas of building a sturdier E-starter. Is there one out there? If so, could someone please link me up to it? Also, is there an official formosa building thread also? I need to get both of these planes built in the next couple months.

Thanks for all your help!

Jimmy
conceptmachining is offline Find More Posts by conceptmachining
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:18 PM
Who put that tree there??
Austin, TX
Joined Jun 2003
100 Posts
Hi Jimmy - I don't recall seeing a build article, other than the E-Starter review. You might be interested in these though -

Ultimate E-Starter Thread (part 1)

and

Ultimate E-Starter Thread (part 2)

There are a LOT of tips in both threads related to strengthening the plane, but generally speaking, the tail is the weakest part, followed by the landing gear. The struts can pop out in flight too, but that is more of an annoyance than a critical issue. There really is some good info in those threads - just be ready to spend a couple of hours reading

Good luck!
bratcher is offline Find More Posts by bratcher
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:25 PM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,177 Posts
There must be dozens of recent shorter threads. Too many to list. They all contain some tips.
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Old Apr 27, 2006, 09:49 PM
Death and Taxes
Des Moines I'm in Heaven...I mean Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
833 Posts
Sorry, about the late thank you! I've been real busy lately. Plus, I forgot that I even wrote this. Since this I've built and flown my estarter. Favorite plane to date. I love using the floats to take off from the grass. WORKS GREAT. Never a bad landing in more than 50 landings. Went thru about 25 2000 MAH 2 cell packs thus far in it. Bought another starter so I can make it look real nice with a custom paint scheme. Looking forward to it.

Thanks again!
conceptmachining is offline Find More Posts by conceptmachining