Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 10, 2006, 09:20 PM
indianapolis, indiana
Joined Oct 2002
993 Posts
hawk
bottom wing fastened to lower fuse via cut out notch. top wing center is mounted via 2 skewers .... one at LE going down to the fuse. and one going through the wing at the TE into the fuse. can't see this one in pic. as it is cutoff level w/ the top of wing.
just happened to have the cdr removed for minor repair, so pic gives a pretty clear view.

jer
jerbear is offline Find More Posts by jerbear
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:05 PM
Lancaster, OH
Joined Mar 2004
196 Posts
Jerbear,

That's so cute that you should have a mouse flying it. ;-)

WWII
WrongwayII is offline Find More Posts by WrongwayII
Old Apr 11, 2006, 04:47 AM
UH-60 Blackhawk TI
Michigan, United States
Joined Feb 2006
176 Posts
Thanks Jerbear,

That helps. The more I think about this the more I want to build one. Can you believe that, lol.

Looking forward to more pictures of others who build this plane as well.

Hawk
hawk4932 is offline Find More Posts by hawk4932
Old Apr 11, 2006, 08:03 AM
indianapolis, indiana
Joined Oct 2002
993 Posts
wrongwayII

had TOG's stuart little bipe with the mouse in it. now i am enjoying chara's with the closed cockpit.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 04:33 PM
indianapolis, indiana
Joined Oct 2002
993 Posts
i love chara's cute design so much ...... i am in the middle of building a regular single wing also. 3 channel A/E/T. just too cute .. can't resist.

jer
Old Apr 11, 2006, 06:03 PM
registered foam addict
Munich, Bavaria
Joined Dec 2004
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond
Got a quick chance to check Jer's Bipie out at lunch today... Excellent design & mods. Minimal adverse yaw with just the bottom ailerons, and acceptable roll rate. The tail-biting loops are a blast!

The wind was ~10mph, so we had to fly it further from us than would make sense to video (no zoom on the cheap CVS camcorder), so we'll wait for a calm day.

All-in-all, it's the right size and weight for the CDR motor. Crazy throws help as well. The Parachute landings are cool
Gene, I'm glad you liked it. Although it is not a 100% pure 3D plane it is so much fun

I'm still working on the video -80% ready- ...just hang on... it will be worth it I believe

greetings
chara
chara is offline Find More Posts by chara
Old Apr 11, 2006, 06:22 PM
registered foam addict
Munich, Bavaria
Joined Dec 2004
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear
i love chara's cute design so much ...... i am in the middle of building a regular single wing also. 3 channel A/E/T. just too cute .. can't resist.

jer
Wow ... thats too cute! and it will surely roll better than the bipe version. what I found a bit of a pity with the bipe version is that the upper wing optically covers a great part of its cute nose..

It is cool seeing people being inspired by a design and being creative!
I hope you'll let us know how it flyes!

greetings
chara

By the way:
look at what I was playing around with today . I've studied some fiddler's green models lately and that's what came out...(you may recognize the original Bipie-plans that I used ). I don't know where this is going but maybe someday I'll try to make a full fuse version of Bipie..... I'm still learning how to 3D-form depron...
Last edited by chara; Apr 11, 2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 06:50 PM
indianapolis, indiana
Joined Oct 2002
993 Posts
chara
looks like you are making headway. i'm sure you will suceed. it just takes time.
will post maiden report .... should be ready to fly by the next mild wind day. we should be able to get video on bipie in the near future.

jer
Old Apr 12, 2006, 06:35 PM
registered foam addict
Munich, Bavaria
Joined Dec 2004
1,265 Posts
Videoclip

Finally!!!! I don't believe it, I'm done!

I had a tough time putting together the footage that we took from Bipies first flight with the 4-ailerons setup (software crashed constantly). You will see that now she rolls just right.

It was very windy that day so the shots were not the best ... but wait and see you're gonna love it !!! ENJOY!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...97#post5324494

chara
Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:02 PM
indianapolis, indiana
Joined Oct 2002
993 Posts
chara

nice video !! good flying .... looks like you could have done more without the wind blowing you around so much. sure looks good in the air !!

jer
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:46 PM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Nice video buddy, it looked like the wind blew it around good. Hey TopFoam are you going to be building one?
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old Apr 13, 2006, 05:13 AM
Joined Jul 2004
79 Posts
Great design Chara

Built one as well just working on final finish....great with an under cart with ultra light wheels..... thinking of a snoopy vs red baron look
acr007 is offline Find More Posts by acr007
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:57 PM
registered foam addict
Munich, Bavaria
Joined Dec 2004
1,265 Posts
Thanks guys - yeah the wind was pretty bad. actually it was flying backwards at times.

acr 007
that's great! it would be great if you shared some pics of your version with us!
i bet it looks cute with landing gear and the snoopy design!
I hope you will have a succesful maiden flight and we hear about how it flies
...and taxies!

greetings
chara
Old Apr 13, 2006, 09:21 PM
indianapolis, indiana
Joined Oct 2002
993 Posts
did the maiden on the single wing this morning ..........great little flyer rolls faster and longer than any plane i've ever built. same short coupling, so tail biting flips are awesome. and on slow low passes, it is just too cute ..... gotta love the cartoonish looks

jer
Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:03 PM
aka RAMTech-RC
Chandler, AZ
Joined Aug 2005
514 Posts
I think I'll be building one, as soon as it gets over 105 degrees out, and I have to stay indoors for a few weeks. Enjoying the end of ATV season for the next 2 months.
TopFoam is offline Find More Posts by TopFoam