HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2006, 08:57 PM
Joined Mar 2006
43 Posts
thank you chara, i should be able to fly t - 12 hrs, lol ill let you know how it goes,

thanks again for the info and plans.
xracer1117 is offline Find More Posts by xracer1117
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2006, 12:28 AM
Off 2 The Edge of Reality
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chara
you're welcome buddy - hope you'll soon be having fun with your Bipie. Drop a few lines of how you like it and maybe some pics when you have flown it!
greetings
chara
You got it buddy, pics & info are not a problem at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopFoam
Tom, If you are cutting one for yourself, I would appreciate it. We can trade for a motor or other goodies.
Hey Rob, did you want the 4 aileron or 2 aileron wing cut out? Also, flat or curved wings?

I am going to go with the 4 ailerons and a curved wing for my build. I didn't get to pick up the printed plans from Kinkos till after 7pm so I am cutting the plans out now for templates.
TeamTEOR is offline Find More Posts by TeamTEOR
Old May 07, 2006, 02:24 AM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Here are the templates all cut out.
Old May 07, 2006, 09:02 AM
registered foam addict
Munich, Bavaria
Joined Dec 2004
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTEOR
Here are the templates all cut out.
just a quick note that came into my mind when I saw your templates cut out.
on the 4 ailerons version you may also use the slender outer wing struts (that are intended for the 2 aileron version). I believe they will look better than the wider ones and have equal strength when you use the bamboo skewer.

greetings
chara
chara is offline Find More Posts by chara
Old May 07, 2006, 10:44 AM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Hey Chara, I am wondering about something... Why didn't you tab the inner struts, and mark it out on the lowwer wing? Maybe that is just overbuilding at that point.

BTW, I'll try out your suggestion.
Old May 07, 2006, 02:05 PM
registered foam addict
Munich, Bavaria
Joined Dec 2004
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTEOR
Hey Chara, I am wondering about something... Why didn't you tab the inner struts, and mark it out on the lowwer wing? Maybe that is just overbuilding at that point.

BTW, I'll try out your suggestion.
Hi TeamTEOR,
I found it easyer to just glue the inner strutts to the fuselage reinforcements.
That would allow more room for adjustmet of the upper wing incidence and give also pretty much strengh and shear stiffness "for free" (the contact surface is pretty large).
That region is surely the last one to break after a crash on this design.
If you look at the detail shots in the very early posts you will hopefully see what I try to explain here...
cheers
chara
Old May 07, 2006, 03:09 PM
Joined Mar 2006
43 Posts
I tried to fly the bipie with out the upper wing, wow, it is very fast and and kiss your butt flips, (uncontrolled) new to ailerons. will it cam down with the upper wing?
Old May 07, 2006, 03:24 PM
registered foam addict
Munich, Bavaria
Joined Dec 2004
1,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xracer1117
I tried to fly the bipie with out the upper wing, wow, it is very fast and and kiss your butt flips, (uncontrolled) new to ailerons. will it cam down with the upper wing?
Yes it will! wing loading will be about....errr...half (ok that was obvious) so you will be able to fly it very slooooooow and relaxed. the kiss your butt flips will be even tighter theoretically because more lift is generated=tighter turn radius. however it will become a bit more susceptible to gusts.
i really like the looks of the mono-version as well...(any pics/vid?)
maybe someone will come up someday with a convertable version with a good idea for an easy strap-on strap-off upper wing?

chara
Old May 07, 2006, 03:29 PM
Joined Mar 2006
43 Posts
thanks for the info, i am learning and have a great deal to learn, i fly water dogs stc and sts almost daily and wanted someything alittle faster, i think i have found it, pics to come soon. no vid. though. thanks xracer
Old May 07, 2006, 04:14 PM
registered foam addict
Munich, Bavaria
Joined Dec 2004
1,265 Posts
you're welcome! there is never an end with learning in "aeronautics" hope you'll have a good time with you new plane. are you going to stay with the mono-wing setup now? i forgot to mention that the second wing may also slow it down a bit, since there is more foam to push through the air.
Old May 07, 2006, 04:22 PM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
Here are most of the parts drawn out. On the next sheet I will draw out the wings, and they will all be cut out tonight if all goes well. I have to run to the store for a few for now. I need some new #11 blades! LOL
Old May 07, 2006, 04:54 PM
registered foam addict
Munich, Bavaria
Joined Dec 2004
1,265 Posts
looking good TeamTEOR!
if you lived around my area I would order a 20" version
just one thing: before you cut out the slots for the inner struts please make sure they fit together with the thickness of your fuselage reinforcements.
the original ones are 2cm thick, hence the relative wide spacing of the inner struts in the plans.
good luck and good night
chara
Old May 07, 2006, 06:37 PM
Joined Jan 2006
12 Posts
cut out all parts last week, as i was building i thought the plane looked pretty sweet as just a monoplane. so put in all electronics (gws ips motor, brushless to come soon ) this plane is one mighty fine beast with only the lower wing. barrel rolls are so fast. first flight was pretty different, was tail heavy, after adjustments its a nice easy flyer if you can control the roll. ass eating loops are the bomb.
herrmy is offline Find More Posts by herrmy
Last edited by herrmy; May 07, 2006 at 06:40 PM. Reason: gamma correction
Old May 07, 2006, 07:09 PM
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Sep 2003
7,479 Posts
I'll be cutting one fuse as of right now, and I will also do a dry fit so that I know what I am giving to Rob will be a good setup. I picked up a nice box of Xacto #11 blades over at ACE Hardware, so I will be good to go on the cutting.
Old May 07, 2006, 07:14 PM
Joined Mar 2006
43 Posts
Chara, yes im going to add the top wing, with out it, its way to fast for me to fly at this point anyway.

xracer