Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 27, 2006, 04:34 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Discussion
Ozzie TREX thread !!!!

I have had a TREX now for 3 months. Got it for xmas and built it by late Jan 06. This is my first heli after many years of plank flying. "I have learnt that this is what hard core heli pilots call model plane pilots" !!!

Well what a hoot the TREX is. I saw a mate fly his late last year and put my xmas order in.

I have had quite a few crashes and mechanical failures most at around 40 foot which is terminal when hitting the deck from that high. Bit like a cat with 9 lives this thing. Keeps coming back better and stronger. Gives the wallet a nudge though.

Just starting some 3D stuff now and lovin it.

Would like to hear from any other Ozzie TREX pilots out there for general discussion.

Please chime in if you have one of these beasties.

Cheers,

Chris
Mavrik is offline Find More Posts by Mavrik
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:20 PM
Custom User Title
Sydney/canberra, Australia
Joined Jul 2004
1,752 Posts
not really a trex flyer myself, but im a sydney e heli flyer, and the only others i know of are you guyp , and custompc. and alloyheli, e helis rule!

mike
mhale71 is offline Find More Posts by mhale71
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:54 PM
Just noticed I can change this
Toowoomba QLD, Australia
Joined Nov 2005
99 Posts
Hey Hey! Just received a Trex CDE kit today. Hopefully will be able to start assembly over the weekend.

I also have a Walkera but I've prett much passed it off now as a lost cause and parts are pretty expensive for them compared to the Trex.

Looks like its going to be pretty fun!
Okisub is offline Find More Posts by Okisub
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:16 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
Fun, fun , fun .
I have a few rex's , they are fun little helis
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:05 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhale71
not really a trex flyer myself, but im a sydney e heli flyer, and the only others i know of are you guyp , and custompc. and alloyheli, e helis rule!

mike
I am getting the impressiion there are not many Sydney E Heli flyers at all. Just a hand full as you have quoted. I am keen to meet more E heli flyers and especially TREX owners, but am coming to the conclusion they just arn't out there.

I have met CustomPC and am hoping to go to Fagan Park this Sunday.

So far I have done all the R and D with my TREX and was hoping to find someone with a TREX far more advanced than me in OZ and preferably Sydney.

What E heli do you have ????

Mav
Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:07 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2005
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace
Fun, fun , fun .
I have a few rex's , they are fun little helis

Yes, when your not crashing and fixing them constantly (dumb thumbs)
GuyP is offline Find More Posts by GuyP
Old Mar 28, 2006, 04:13 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Guy that is part of the fun don't forget. A good crash every now and then means you are going outside of your comfort zone and learning. Realistically you should be commended for crashing as you are in fact improving !!!!

Mav
Old Mar 28, 2006, 05:06 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,384 Posts
mmm..careful, kids might use that excuse when they prang the family car !
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:19 PM
Where did who go ?!?!?
Brisbane
Joined Mar 2006
31 Posts
Mav mate ... No Sydney e flyers !!!

Move to Brisbane buddy.... Nothing BUT TREX here mate!!!

The two piccies are from the last two weekends at Tingalpa Model club

[URL=http://www.tmac.asn.au/Galleries]

My little chopper is MY ABSOLUTE BEST fun machine I've got ....

Just like the energiser bunny ... this little bugger keeps going and going (I've have flown it so much that the fly bar is rusted out !!!) Love it.
Phildo is offline Find More Posts by Phildo
Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:29 PM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,102 Posts
I'm here in Sydney and have a couple of Trexes, but am way behind Mav in flying capability. Just bought G3 and am trying to lift my game
Tonystott is online now Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:50 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo
Mav mate ... No Sydney e flyers !!!

Move to Brisbane buddy.... Nothing BUT TREX here mate!!!

The two piccies are from the last two weekends at Tingalpa Model club

[URL=http://www.tmac.asn.au/Galleries]

My little chopper is MY ABSOLUTE BEST fun machine I've got ....

Just like the energiser bunny ... this little bugger keeps going and going (I've have flown it so much that the fly bar is rusted out !!!) Love it.
Phildo, yes I am jealous. You buggers must have more time up your sleeves than us over worked and stressed Sydney folk. This is no excuse however for Sydney Trex pilots.

I would move to QLD in a heart beat but work and family here. I guess I will have to rev up our own Trex club/group. Like you this thing is a sick machine given its price and performance. As a hard core plank dood I never thought I would say it. Like you I love the little beast. Got it for xams. 2 of my mates now have one and a thrid mate of mine is bidding for one on Ebay. Yes a Qlander is selling his trex.

Again I want a guru to show me the way.

Sick pics by the way !!!!!! Love talkin like a teenager but far from one !!!!

Mav
Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:51 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2005
344 Posts
That's good to here from you Tonystott ....where in Sydney are you?

The sim makes a world of difference & i'm also a little behind Mav but Mav's a bit of freek in that sense he is a natural, suppose it's because he has been flying planks sinse he was a boy.

As i am not a proficient heli pilot yet I am somewhat of an expert or should be by now on diagnosing various problems considering the hell I have been through with my T-Rex due to crashes.

But like Mav said crashing can make you a better pilot its just part of the learning curve with these little helis.

And the best thing about the T-Rex for example is the other day I lost orientation hovering about 5o feet up & smacked it into the concrete I thought to myself that's it it's all over but the result was a busted main frame $24, main blades $16 & canopy $14. As I allready had some spares I just needed to source the main frame.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:52 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined May 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonystott
I'm here in Sydney and have a couple of Trexes, but am way behind Mav in flying capability. Just bought G3 and am trying to lift my game
Tony, lets get together and do a pic like those doods up north. I forget where are you located ???

We fly at the local park and have many to choose from rarely used in Frenchs Forest.

You should come over one weekend !!!!

Mav
Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:59 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Sep 2005
344 Posts
By the way if any of you out there have been thinking of joining the dark side and your up for a challenge then go and get yourself a T-REX!

But I warn you it will drive you nuts in the beginning but it's all worth it & you will love it.

I rarely fly my planks anymore my heli is just too much fun
Last edited by GuyP; Mar 29, 2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2006, 07:25 PM
Rory
Australia, Belrose
Joined Aug 2005
71 Posts
Expert Advice

I also fly with MAV & Guyp, and the biggest issue we have is that we are working things out on our own. I have been advised that there is a Trex or Heli legend that flys in the area, but it appears that he is too good to help the "L" platers. Quite dissapponting considering this hobby needs people like him to help build the hobby. I guess that is the problem when you live in a country like Australia, a bit remote.

I recon we should organise a week away to the US and catch up with the club over there, bit of a tour group ???

I guess i can stop dreaming now !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am joining the call for some help, working this out is bit like a maze, yes we can get the Trex in the air and do circuits, but we would advance quicker if we could get someone to help, check the setups and offer any advice.
Roryw is offline Find More Posts by Roryw