HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 11, 2006, 09:12 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
The motor was a 400 sized direct drive 3600kv, I proped it down to a 4X4 but had no thrust fast IF it got up to speed but pretty wimpy, I need to gear it like my other one.

Mo.
mohillbilly is offline Find More Posts by mohillbilly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:30 AM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Well I threw it in a gear box and the only gear I had was a "D" so it was made for a big prop. I made a 7X4 fit with some cutting, Flew alot better still needs more speed. Found something I really like about the bigger round airfoil. I would come in hot and low then shut off the motor (its too low with no skid). Anyhow I come in and do bounce and goes off the grass it's pretty funny. It will slide/bounce back up just enough to hit the power and pull out. I did like 12 of em with 2 misses where it got the prop and slowed down too much. I'll have to try and get some vid of it but I was alone today. Arhg I need my magnets to get in I got 4 CDR wound and waiting!

Mo.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 02:37 AM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Well here is the video of the Epp wing today I just set it up and flew by it so its not the best but not too bad. I also did the touch n goes I was talking about but they are a little bit off and hard to see. Im scared though I wound a CDROM tonight and ran it up with a GWS 6X3 prop and it only pull 2.6A WOT.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...hmentid=863796

Mo.

Sorry about that!
Last edited by mohillbilly; Jun 14, 2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:44 AM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
where's the vid Mo?
bass3587 is offline Find More Posts by bass3587
Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:16 PM
Back behind The Controls
Toney, AL
Joined Dec 2005
1,016 Posts
edited
Johnnie Paul is offline Find More Posts by Johnnie Paul
Last edited by Johnnierkt; Jun 14, 2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 01:34 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Yep that's it, I updated my post, forgot to post the link.

Mo.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 02:04 PM
Arvada, CO
Joined Aug 2004
370 Posts
That video is great.

You EPP wing seems to be really stable too. I got two questions for ya...

1. what did you're all up weight come out at
2. did you chamfer the leading edge at 45 degrees before taping and bending over?

awesome work, anyone else doing or going to do the EPP one yet?
scottflight is offline Find More Posts by scottflight
Old Jun 14, 2006, 03:39 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottflight
That video is great.

You EPP wing seems to be really stable too. I got two questions for ya...

1. what did you're all up weight come out at
2. did you chamfer the leading edge at 45 degrees before taping and bending over?

awesome work, anyone else doing or going to do the EPP one yet?

I think it was pretty much the same I used the same CG and everything.
Yes I cut the front to 45's like on the blu-cor wing.

I would love to tell you the wieght but it seems I don't have it anymore. I didn't have a place on the wall for it so I set on top of my wifes van last night and now its not there. I guess she didn't notice it when she took the kids to school today and it went free flight on her. I just check but no luck someone got a nice $150 wing for free.

Setup was:

2 - HS-55's
1 - Tp 30A ESC
1 - Cool Red 3200kv brushless geared
1 - 3 day old Berg micro stamp Rx
2 - sheets of epp and about 3hr's of work.

I am pretty sure I took the lipo out for charging. *I hope*

Mo.
Last edited by mohillbilly; Jun 14, 2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:11 PM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
No!!! That was a cool wing. I loved the video when you bounced it off the ground. Man that bites the big one. Well with time... and a little more money you can have another one in the air. That really was a cool wing.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:41 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Yep it was I have enough to make one more but I'll be moving in 30days so I'll wait. It was lots of fun bouncing it around

I have a new idea coming up but it too will have to wait because now I am short on controlers and RX's

Did you see my post about my new 18T? I still don't know what I did right but it runs a GWS 6X3 prop @ 2.4A on a 2 cell and 3.6A on a 3 cell......... I so need a thrust stand oh well, I also have a 18mm 10T cdr that pulls 7.3A on a 6X3 on a 2 cell.

Mo.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 01:54 AM
Git-R-Done
Rich Hill, Missouri_USA
Joined Aug 2004
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt
I'll try that cg method. The guy who started this thread said 7" or less and he used 7.25. Since my wing is 1/2 scale, I figured 3.5" cg? The prop is a 4x2.5 I think. I have a 4.25x2.5 I could try. This motor can't take alot of amps and the 4x2.5 draws 2.6 amps wot. I gave the motor a little up and I'l try 'er again tomorrow. I seen a link in here to a thread to determine what the cg should be But I couldn't see the figures on the link? Thanks

Here's the link for the cg calculatorhttp://www.palosrc.com/instructors/cg.htm I'm not sure how to determine sweep distance or %MAC? I threw in some figures though and it came up with a cg somewhere between 3.5 and 3.8". I'm confused can you tell?
Here's how to measure the sweep of a wing (see picture below).

Hermitt
Hermitt is offline Find More Posts by Hermitt
Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:56 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Well just got donw with the move, now when my stuff gets here I'll start popping out more wings.

Mo.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 09:35 AM
Thermal seeker
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Jul 2005
566 Posts
Hey guys,

Putting one of these together. Will be my first wing. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the dimensions of the winglets I see. Do they extend above and below the wing? Does the shape matter?

Thanks a lot,

-Mike
Bohh33 is offline Find More Posts by Bohh33
Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:56 AM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
Not at home to measure mines but I have mines set up maybe an inch below the wing. Height maybe 4.5" and as long as the wingtip including elevons.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 01:33 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohh33
Hey guys,

Putting one of these together. Will be my first wing. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the dimensions of the winglets I see. Do they extend above and below the wing? Does the shape matter?

Thanks a lot,

-Mike
Shape is no issue though I wouldn't make it a square. For a first setup I would go 50/50 the more hang over on the bottom the better it will slow down and stay stable. An arrow head shape works well as both points will grab the air and keep things stable. I usally make them from a 5X5 piece of foam then just cut it down from that. ends up about 3 wide and 4 1/2 long at the tips.

Mo.