HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 19, 2006, 10:03 PM
Make 'n Break!!
Walled 'tucky, MI. USA
Joined Apr 2006
1,766 Posts
Cool thanks. I seen thi paint at Meijers and wondered if it woul work. Spray on latex. I think they maybe even had flourescent colors. Have to go get some. The pink foam is just too much, well, pink. I would think the paint is probably lighter than packing tape. I'm hoping I can get one to come in at under 10 oz auw.
roosevelt is offline Find More Posts by roosevelt
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2006, 12:41 AM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
If you can you will be rewarded with a great flying wing. Plus think of all the money you saved!
bass3587 is offline Find More Posts by bass3587
Old May 20, 2006, 08:03 AM
Arvada, CO
Joined Aug 2004
370 Posts
I've been using just regular paint on the blucor. I like the fluorescent (sp?) orange and yellow, makes these wings really visible, especially when you put a strip of black strapping tape along the leading edge to add contrast and bring out the shape in the air.

One thing is that you can't get crazy with the regular paints, because it is foam. The skin protects it just fine, but the pink may not have the skin and in that case it will melt the foam. Also, if you get overzealous with the paint on blucore, you'll get some to seep through and melt some of the foam, just have to be a little light on the trigger finger if you know what I mean.
scottflight is offline Find More Posts by scottflight
Old May 20, 2006, 08:35 AM
Make 'n Break!!
Walled 'tucky, MI. USA
Joined Apr 2006
1,766 Posts
The pink does't have the film on it just bare foam, Wil the H20 work on bare foam, eps, epp etc.? Thanks!
Old May 20, 2006, 09:18 AM
Back behind The Controls
Toney, AL
Joined Dec 2005
1,016 Posts
yes it should, the H2O is a water based acylic latex paint if I am not mistaken...a kind of "air brush in a can"

Johnnie
Johnnie Paul is offline Find More Posts by Johnnie Paul
Last edited by Johnnierkt; May 20, 2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old May 20, 2006, 09:25 AM
Make 'n Break!!
Walled 'tucky, MI. USA
Joined Apr 2006
1,766 Posts
Thanks, you guys are all really helpful. Can't wait to build one.
Old May 20, 2006, 10:25 AM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottflight
I've been using just regular paint on the blucor. I like the fluorescent (sp?) orange and yellow, makes these wings really visible, especially when you put a strip of black strapping tape along the leading edge to add contrast and bring out the shape in the air.

One thing is that you can't get crazy with the regular paints, because it is foam. The skin protects it just fine, but the pink may not have the skin and in that case it will melt the foam. Also, if you get overzealous with the paint on blucore, you'll get some to seep through and melt some of the foam, just have to be a little light on the trigger finger if you know what I mean.
Boy are you right about paint attacking the foam.

One of our local flyers painted a stripe on a Bluecor plane. Where the plastic film was on, things were ok. But where there was no film, it just ate about a third of the way thru the foam and looked real interesting!
Jim_Marconnet is offline Find More Posts by Jim_Marconnet
Old May 20, 2006, 12:42 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Well I mad e a new on much bigger it s a 42" wing span I'll using a speed 370 geared 3to1 not if I can ever find my ESC I'll be set for tomarrow. It got a lot less sweep to it so should glide and float even better. I'll post some pic's later.

Mo.
mohillbilly is offline Find More Posts by mohillbilly
Old May 20, 2006, 04:44 PM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
Post them pics!! I may make a 24" this weekend since it'g going to be pretty windy all weekend.
Old May 20, 2006, 05:07 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
K here are the pic's with the old on for a compairason. Measures 42" strait across tip to tip. The biggest thing is I have not idea on the CG. DOH!

Mo.
Old May 20, 2006, 05:56 PM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
Here is a site that will help you get your CG right.
http://www.palosrc.com/instructors/cg.htm
Looks pretty good and it should glide a wee bit better than your other one. Have you glide tested it yet?
Last edited by bass3587; May 20, 2006 at 10:18 PM. Reason: (sp)
Old May 20, 2006, 06:37 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Nope I don't have a grassy area around and I hate smashing up a plane before flying it. I just stick it way forward and work on it. thats why I have the HUGE chunk of verlco on the nose. It is also the same sweep as the slinger more or less and they list the CG as 8" back.

Mo.
Old May 20, 2006, 10:10 PM
piscataway , nj
Joined Mar 2006
75 Posts
I just started putting together another one today. Got an idea from the speedwing twin 250. I am mounting two johnson 250 motors, 2-8 amp controlers,and a 2s lipo of the right cap. to balance. I am using 2 esc's so I can mix in motor control for rudder.I am also using cs-9 servoes. Also going with 4x2.5 props. I cut pockets for the electroncs and batt. I am covering the holes with those fake creidt cards they send in the mail. I need to get a camera so I can share pics.
jet head is offline Find More Posts by jet head
Old May 21, 2006, 02:37 AM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Sounds cool, I'm lost with the covering of holes with CC's though. Wish I had a j-250 laying around for my mini. I would have like to put two on the blu-cor wing I think it would rock. I wouldn't go with two controlers ect. but I'm cheap I think it will be intresting to see how your idea works out good luck!

Mo.
Old May 21, 2006, 08:43 AM
Arvada, CO
Joined Aug 2004
370 Posts
Cool ideas guys.

What prop are you running on the large 42" geared wing?

I bet the 2 johnson wing will do pretty well. What's the cap on the 2 cell?

I gotta get me some of that H2O paint, that sounds like a winner.
scottflight is offline Find More Posts by scottflight