HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2006, 08:56 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Mine has very little down at all, but its just enough to pull out from a slight dive while inverted. I got mine flying so that it is in a very slight dive when at full just so I do high speed slow passes. I think I need to re-design my winglets so that they hang under the wing more there only down about 1/4" at most. I have crappy slow flight and very little glide, but it due to the nose heavy for the fast flight. Anyhow it has worked great as my first wing that actually flew. I did manage to piss off one of the local fliers today when he had his zagi out there with his crazy big brushless. He has about $300 in it and while mine was slower it was pretty good at keeping up. One of his buddys said while we were flying "Look his is almost as fast as yours" The guy about died of shock when I brought mine down and he saw what it was powered by. LOL

Mo.
mohillbilly is offline Find More Posts by mohillbilly
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2006, 11:27 PM
Arvada, CO
Joined Aug 2004
370 Posts
Booyah, that's a great story. people are pretty impressed with the performance of this thing. Daydreamer really hit the mark. Mine has just a little bit of reflex and that means I have to give it some down to keep it level when inverted, but the key for me is that the wing is still stable and flies well upsidedown.

Nice picture there a while back of the crunched nose, I've flown a few with em looking like that. But it is easy to make a fresh one.
scottflight is offline Find More Posts by scottflight
Old May 14, 2006, 11:53 PM
Joined Feb 2006
59 Posts
I see "Reflex" in threads.. could someone give a short description?
I think I understand "Dihedral" (up curve of the wings from fuse) and this helps with plane returning back to center/level flight? which would also not make the wing fly very well inverted? is there any advantage to add one or the other to a wing like this?
stufine is offline Find More Posts by stufine
Old May 15, 2006, 12:09 AM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Reflex is a term used on wings which means that you basicly add a small amount of up trim to the eleverons. So unlike ailerons were you want it just strait with the wing shape, you would make them just a tad up from the back.
Old May 17, 2006, 10:25 PM
Joined Feb 2006
59 Posts
thanks MO. on another question.. depron.. i know its not for a flying wing but i was at my -nlaws- work other day and in the supply house they had some black foam stuff which looks like it but i dont think it is. it was used as packing to protect some other stuff they received. (its a sign supply house) it was basicly trash.. so i took it. also took the other stuff which is alot heavier and sands very well and its alot harder to break but too heavy. thinking about using it as elevons after sanding down to a smaller thickness. the black stuff would take me years to learn to fly without breaking it. it snaps very easy. im trying to see what they can get ahold of other than the corr. vinyl sign material.
stufine is offline Find More Posts by stufine
Old May 18, 2006, 11:25 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
You can buy studyboard from wal-tart or about anywere. You can then peel off the paper to make it light or just build it with the paper on and it will work too.

Mo.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:31 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Well flew mine today in front of my house, I know better than to do it because there is not enough room at all. Anyhow on one pass from up high over the trees then down to the deck between the houses (about 2 lanes wide) then back up over the trees. I cliped a treefliped me right around but keep flying. Well that became my new game LOL. About the third time the tree ate me. I didn't feel like climbing it and it was almost dark so i just checked rocks at it till it fell. 6 Rocks knocked off a servo, the motor, ripped the ant. out of the RX and bent the crap out of one eleveron. Oh well easy fix, some tape, hotglue, and soidier and I just need to carve a new eleveron and it will be up again.

Mo.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:34 PM
Yep I got another one.
Springfield, Mo.
Joined Jan 2005
2,529 Posts
Think Im gonna cut a big one and see what happens with a speed 400 brushed, I got a tiny one built but need a motor anyone got a J-250 to spare?

Mo.
Old May 19, 2006, 12:08 PM
Make 'n Break!!
Walled 'tucky, MI. USA
Joined Apr 2006
1,766 Posts
What about twin 130's w' 4x2.5 props on 2s 700 or 2000's. This is all I have. The motors are from the Cox warbirds and should pull about 5 amps combined. Is the pink fanfold the same as bluecor? It's all I have. I should be able to get long flights just not sure how much power I would have. Hmmm!
roosevelt is offline Find More Posts by roosevelt
Old May 19, 2006, 01:37 PM
Arvada, CO
Joined Aug 2004
370 Posts
the pink is not the same as the blue, but it's close, you could try it. The blucor is good because it has a thin skin on both sides which really adds to the strength. I don't have any experience with the cox motors. Seems like it might be a bit underpowered, but it will be lighter that way too.
Old May 19, 2006, 01:59 PM
Make 'n Break!!
Walled 'tucky, MI. USA
Joined Apr 2006
1,766 Posts
Home depot has the pink and Lowes has the blue. I'm not sure if it's Buecor though. My brother built one with the pink and it flew great until it folded in half on a dive. I'm not sure how much more torque/ speed you get by using two motors. I'm assuming it would be double. One Cox motor flies the 5 oz. warbird quite well. So I'm assuming a 10 oz. wing w' two motors would be just as good. I think I'll try it and see. I would like to get a nice small aerobatic wing going. My current one is 48" and it seems more like a tank every time I fly it.
Old May 19, 2006, 02:24 PM
Arvada, CO
Joined Aug 2004
370 Posts
That's what I liked so much about this one, with the right power system it's real peppy. My unicorn and eraider were just too docile.
Old May 19, 2006, 05:03 PM
Make 'n Break!!
Walled 'tucky, MI. USA
Joined Apr 2006
1,766 Posts
I thought I read somewhere in here that you's painted these. If so, what paint did you use, what is safe on foam?
Old May 19, 2006, 05:53 PM
Git-R-Done
Rich Hill, Missouri_USA
Joined Aug 2004
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt
I thought I read somewhere in here that you's painted these. If so, what paint did you use, what is safe on foam?
Here's a good paint for BlueCor Foam.

Hermitt
Hermitt is offline Find More Posts by Hermitt
Old May 19, 2006, 06:31 PM
Arlington,Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,239 Posts
Thats what I use.
bass3587 is offline Find More Posts by bass3587