SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 21, 2006, 07:31 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
54 Posts
Help!
Help whats up with my motor?

I posted this in a difference section, but I bet you guys might be able to help me better. My motor is a E-flite Park 480 1020KV outrunner. I have a problem......the other day when I was flying.....I ran down my first battery, landed changed batterys.......took off then about 2 min. in flight my motor started making a weird noise......i turned to land and then it quit....when I picked it up I tryed spinning the prop.....everthing seemed OK so I throttled up and it started beeping and pulsing then my esc started smoking. the Esc wasnt even hot. about 110F.....turns out my speed control is shot.... but some one told me it sounds like your motor is shorted or has a bad wire and is missing a phase? and thats what took out my esc.........does anyone know anything about this? I tested the motor on a differnt esc. and seemed ok, but now im affraid that I will burn up another esc if I start flying again.........is there any tests that i could do?.....any help/information would be great.
scottypotty is offline Find More Posts by scottypotty
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2006, 07:47 AM
North East England UK
Joined Jan 2003
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypotty
some one told me it sounds like your motor is shorted or has a bad wire and is missing a phase? and thats what took out my esc.........does anyone know anything about this? I tested the motor on a differnt esc. and seemed ok, but now im affraid that I will burn up another esc if I start flying again.........is there any tests that i could do?.....any help/information would be great.
Check the soldered connections at the wires of the motor, check that the windings are not shorting to each other or to the stator bearing tube
Chippie is offline Find More Posts by Chippie
Old Mar 23, 2006, 12:44 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
54 Posts
I checked over everthing last night. seems ok, I guess I will try it out. thanks for the info.
scottypotty is offline Find More Posts by scottypotty