Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 01, 2002, 12:07 AM
Flying high since '85
Corvallis, Oregon
Joined Apr 2001
516 Posts
I can't find anywhere to order any of these products! fxaeromodels.com is out of stock on just about every thing they have on their page!

I was thinking of getting a Fun 600-18 and a Beat or Smile controller. Is this a good setup on 10 cells? What pinion? Now for the big one, where do I get it?!?!
rdogg32 is offline Find More Posts by rdogg32
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2002, 12:22 AM
"Watch this!" SMACK!
Mountain View Moffett Fd, California, United States
Joined Apr 2001
1,048 Posts
Be careful to not overheat those brushless motors. At 150C they become paper weights, as the magnets depolarize at that temperature.

--jim
jaggies is offline Find More Posts by jaggies
Old Jul 01, 2002, 12:28 AM
Powered by ThunderPower
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Sep 2001
4,197 Posts
The FUN600-18 is rated for 8-27 cells.. so I think 10-cells should work. I'm planning on using the FUN600-15 on my Eco 8 on 10-cells as well.

The FUN600-18 has a Kv of 1800; for 10-cells I would use a pinion between 14 and 17 tooth (gives approx 1378 to 1672 rpms) on the Eco 8. Depending on motor temp and flight time, you might be able to push it up to 18t for a more aerobatic setup.
Quote:
Now for the big one, where do I get it?!?!
Try www.nesail.com for the Kontronik motor and controller.

You can give them a call and they'll let you know whether or not they have your items in stock.

Good luck!

Chachin..
Chachin is offline Find More Posts by Chachin
Last edited by Chachin; Jul 01, 2002 at 12:32 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2002, 12:45 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2001
2,214 Posts
Hello Ryan

The Fun 600-18 is probably a good choice for the Eco 8 and the Logo 10, you should have lots of power and HS on 10 cells and a 18 tooth pinion in the Eco 8 or 12 cells and the 16 tooth pinion. These are all based on a formula.

Carlos hit it on the nose, NES is the place to go and there is also Icare (http://www.icare-rc.com/).

Carlo
Eco8gator is offline Find More Posts by Eco8gator
Old Jul 01, 2002, 06:02 PM
DLG Addict
Peachtree City, GA
Joined Nov 2001
246 Posts
Hey guys,

I already have a Graupner MC Ultra-Duo Plus II charger, but was thinking of buying another so I could do more charging at once (also be able to discharge at more than 1 amp). The charger that I'm interested in is the Dymond Super Turbo Smart Charger. Any comments?

Eric
ebrown is offline Find More Posts by ebrown
Old Jul 01, 2002, 06:04 PM
Joined Jun 2001
2,214 Posts
Hello

I used to have the Supernova 250s which is very similar and they are very good chargers.

Carlo
Old Jul 01, 2002, 07:06 PM
DLG Addict
Peachtree City, GA
Joined Nov 2001
246 Posts
Hi guys,

Where did you find the B50-14L? Do you have any preference between icare and nesail? You guys have been really helpful.

Leaning towards the beat 55 with the hacker.

Carlo,

You don't think you're adding too much weight with the motor and extra RX pack do ya?

Thanks,

Eric
ebrown is offline Find More Posts by ebrown
Old Jul 01, 2002, 07:19 PM
Joined Jun 2001
2,214 Posts
Hello

With the power of the Hacker, you dont have anything to worry about. You should still get a pretty decent ammount of flight but with added power.

I am pretty centain that you need to go to Icare for the Hacker. Just get the combo from them and you may get a discount(10%).

http://www.icare-rc.com/

Carlo
PS: Good choice on the motor and controller
Old Jul 01, 2002, 11:04 PM