HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:17 PM
Joined Jul 2004
190 Posts
Discussion
the longest order in your experience ... mine is almost 2 months with HeliHobby.com

How about your experience with helicopter online shopping ?

it's almost 2 months that my order is in hold status at helihobby.com ....track from

http://www.HeliHobby.com/html/package_tracking.html

my first name is Suwat and Order ID : 9609536

Helihobby.com never answer my message send by their web form in helihobby.com ... send several time each month .... no answer

I live in Thailand so hard to call them from here...

anybody can give me direct email address of someone at helihobby.com office ?

thank you for read this.

suwat p.

Reply-To : paypal@helihobby.com
Sent : Friday, January 27, 2006 12:03 PM
To : carmoworld@hotmail.com
Subject : Customer receipt - 9609536

| | | Inbox

Hello,

We received your order and we are now processing it.

Please double check that the shipping address and order contents are correct.

Date : 26 Jan 2006 - 21:03
Order ID : 9609536

Payment by Paypal Secure Payment

Product : Quantity : Price
SPM2460 DX6 DSM 6 Channel Helicopter TX with 4xS75 Servos (Quantity x 1) : 1 :
RVO1005 Straight Deluxe Ball Link Pliers (Quantity x 1) : 1 : 10.51
CN2255 Blue Anodized Control Rod Gauge (Quantity x 1) : 1 : 29.95
DUB786 5/32 Inch Tubing Bender (Quantity x 1) : 1 : 12.99
JRP960219 JR Ball Link Resizing Tool (Quantity x 1) : 1 : 14.49

Subtotal : 267.93
Shipping : 14.95
TOTAL : 282.88

Billing information:
suwat phungbang
91/503 Keha Thonburee1 soi 70
Phraram 2 rd. Bangkhuntien
Bangkok
TH
Telephone : 6614266855
Fax :
E-mail : carmoworld@hotmail.com

For on-line package tracking please visit the following link and use your order#
to retrieve package status and tracking information:

http://www.HeliHobby.com/html/package_tracking.html

Thanks again,

The HeliHobby.com Team.
suwat is offline Find More Posts by suwat
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:24 PM
victim of the system
Home of the Toledo RC show
Joined Jul 2003
2,486 Posts
It's been almost a month for me ...ordered Feb. 22 "06 ...I have emailed and called only to get your answering machine that was full....My order number is 9670003 ...How about an answer for me ..I don't care how long it takes if you would just let me know the status ...Tom
TooTall is offline Find More Posts by TooTall
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:25 PM
Joined Jul 2004
190 Posts
Oop! i am sorry... i posted in the wrong section of this forum...
i shold post to Trader talk section...

how can i move this to .....
suwat is offline Find More Posts by suwat
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2003
4,747 Posts
For me it took 6 months to complete an order form these guys(after many succesful ones before).kept me out of the air for 2 months untill i decided to go elswhere and start again. it did get sorted but i ended up swapping for other items as they couldnt deliver what they promised originally.
Good luck, keep on it, it sucks when people say "you should ring" when you live overseas, i did but could never get an answer.
will p3 is offline Find More Posts by will p3
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:55 PM
Laughing so hard it hurts
Dayton, OH
Joined Dec 2005
409 Posts
How the do these guys stay in business?!?!

There have been many times I've almost given into the temptation of ordering from them(after all can anyone name ANY other online heli store with a better selection?!?!), but each time I was saved by one of these posts showing up on the forums right before I was going to order, I wish they'd get thier act together, there are some things that i've been able to find ONLY at helihobby!
Twistedblades is offline Find More Posts by Twistedblades
Old Mar 19, 2006, 03:57 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,304 Posts
Sorry you had to find out the hard way but HeliHobby is probably the absolute worst online heli store out there. I gave up on them a long time ago. It's a shame they're so bad. They do have a very nice website with a lot of items that I'd like to have. I've never had an order come in on time or even be complete for that matter. Even if they are the only ones that have a part in stock that I need I won't order from them any more. I usually use only a couple of different places depending on the heli I need parts for. Modefos heli, Grand RC and Heli-Direct. Great places with great service.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Mar 19, 2006, 04:00 PM
It's Prime Time for Slime Time
Joined May 2004
1,723 Posts
Somewhat related, but Tower has had $79.99 of my money for over a year now for my GP hellcat.
b7gwap is offline Find More Posts by b7gwap
Old Mar 19, 2006, 04:03 PM
Dayton, OH
Joined Dec 2005
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe
Modefos heli, Grand RC and Heli-Direct. Great places with great service.

Joe

Yeah, but notice the theme at most of the other places, micros and FPs seem to be getting left out of the picture alltogether, everyone just wants to carry Trex, X400, and shogun parts these days...... It's sad to me that micro and FP guys don't really have a place to turn for parts and upgrades.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 09:52 PM
victim of the system
Joined Jul 2003
2,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedblades
Yeah, but notice the theme at most of the other places, micros and FPs seem to be getting left out of the picture alltogether, everyone just wants to carry Trex, X400, and shogun parts these days...... It's sad to me that micro and FP guys don't really have a place to turn for parts and upgrades.
Just one of the reasons I mess with hummingbirds..not only are they a great micro heli ...century heli has never let me down.....I can still find parts to keep the 3 I have going..and the 3d pro I am working on..Tom
Old Mar 20, 2006, 05:49 PM
Maui, HI
Joined Oct 2003
8 Posts
sorry to hear about the experience 'suwat' had with helihobby. I order from them all the time and usually receive the merchandise in a week (that's even to hawaii). Maybe I've just been lucky....

Helidirect is excellent, as others have mentioned. Same for GrandRC...AeroMicro and Aircraft World are also excellent...

My worst nightmare is Tower...they always manage to send my stuff 'slow boat', usually taking 4-6 weeks...
BlanW is offline Find More Posts by BlanW
Old Mar 20, 2006, 06:10 PM
Joined Aug 2003
237 Posts
I'm hearing alot of complaining about related "less than desireable" on-line order experiences. A couple things I always do:

Check if there's a phone number on the website before you order. It's worth something to me and have spent many, many hundreds of dollars with those that do (even if they are more expensive) than those that don't.

Ship UPS, they actually can track a shipment - even if it costs, especially w/more expensive purchases.

Get shipping confirmation via email in a day or two or call/email.

If a couple days go past without an answer try a second time.

If a couple more days go by, call your bank or credit card co and demand a refund.

Never put up w/a lack of communication.

Never make exceptions to the above "rules" unless your willing to lose/gamble, don't monkey around w/anyone.

Remember, if you don't buy for whatever reason, they go out of business - the consumer regulates the economy.

Off my soapbox now....
fatboy is offline Find More Posts by fatboy
Old Mar 20, 2006, 07:18 PM
victim of the system
Joined Jul 2003
2,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy
I'm hearing alot of complaining about related "less than desireable" on-line order experiences. A couple things I always do:

Check if there's a phone number on the website before you order. It's worth something to me and have spent many, many hundreds of dollars with those that do (even if they are more expensive) than those that don't.

Ship UPS, they actually can track a shipment - even if it costs, especially w/more expensive purchases.

Get shipping confirmation via email in a day or two or call/email.

If a couple days go past without an answer try a second time.

If a couple more days go by, call your bank or credit card co and demand a refund.

Never put up w/a lack of communication.

Never make exceptions to the above "rules" unless your willing to lose/gamble, don't monkey around w/anyone.

Remember, if you don't buy for whatever reason, they go out of business - the consumer regulates the economy.

Off my soapbox now....
Fatboy...everything you have listed I have done ...I am not new to this business or hobby ...they do list a phone number and an impressive website...some have luck with them and some don't...If they need my money that bad then the bastards can have it ..when I have to worry about a 50 dollar order then I may as well call it quits...It just pisses me off that they don't reply to me in any form or fashion but others get their products in a timely manner...now I am off of my box...you order from them and see what happens ..let us know..T
Old Mar 20, 2006, 07:29 PM
Joined Mar 2006
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedblades
How the do these guys stay in business?!?!

There have been many times I've almost given into the temptation of ordering from them(after all can anyone name ANY other online heli store with a better selection?!?!), but each time I was saved by one of these posts showing up on the forums right before I was going to order, I wish they'd get thier act together, there are some things that i've been able to find ONLY at helihobby!
I think you answered your own question.

I'm still waiting on an order from them place for a Christmas gift. I email, called, even wrote a letter but nothing even getting the BBB involved. Luckily it wasn't to much money so I just wrote it off.
WhenPigsFly is offline Find More Posts by WhenPigsFly
Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:59 PM
Dayton, OH
Joined Dec 2005
409 Posts
Is there anyway those who lost money with Helihobby can get together and get a class action lawsuit started??? I've never ordered anything from them so this probably shouldn't concern me, but I'm about tired of seeing these guys get away with murder.... it'd be great if we could finally make them pay!
Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2003
4,747 Posts
Send in Chuck Norris.
will p3 is offline Find More Posts by will p3