SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 29, 2002, 01:15 PM
Ready for a Vacation!
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2000
383 Posts
Aeronaut Heinkel 219

This model caught my eye as a little offbeat and unique, does anyone know anything about it? I have not been able to find anything about with the search. Thanks-

Andrew
AndrewK is offline Find More Posts by AndrewK
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2002, 01:48 PM
Thessaloniki, Greece
Joined Mar 2001
105 Posts
Re: Aeronaut Heinkel 219

you can find some data for the UHU model in Aeronaut pages http://www.aeronaut.de/en/800/flugmo...heinkeleng.htm
but if you like the unique shape of UHU like me, you will love theese "artistic" reproductions:
http://204.50.25.179/gallery01/he219gh_1.htm

regards
pnikifor is offline Find More Posts by pnikifor
Last edited by pnikifor; Jun 29, 2002 at 01:50 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2002, 01:50 PM
Ready for a Vacation!
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2000
383 Posts
Thanks for the links, and yes I do like the unique shape.
Old Jun 29, 2002, 10:42 PM
AMA 670207
United States, WA, Sumner
Joined Oct 2000
2,775 Posts
You can get the plans of the He-219 UHU from Traplet Publications http://www.traplet.com/. Mark Wolf has this plane that he purchased from the designer, Martin Irvine. Here is a pic of it. I have the plans and it looks to be an easy scratch build. If scratch building is not to your liking, send the plan to a kit cutter ( like I'm going to).
Perry
Rudderman98 is offline Find More Posts by Rudderman98
Old Jun 29, 2002, 10:50 PM
Ready for a Vacation!
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2000
383 Posts
Scratch building is definately not my thing, and one of the major plusses for the Aeronaut is that its almost ready to cover. Thanks for the link, I'll certainly take a look at it!

Andrew
Old Jun 30, 2002, 12:34 AM
TN
Joined May 2000
1,136 Posts
Andrew

I have the Aeronaut Uhu He-219 kit out in the shop, so if there are any questions that I can answer for you, let me know.

Hobby Lobby is the Aeronaut agent for the US, so if you are looking for the kit, I'm sure that they will bring one in for you.

The Heinkel kit is a beautiful one, typical great Aeronaut quality. It comes with a fiberglass fuselage and nacelles and ABS cowls. The flying surfaces are built up balsa (you have to build them). The plans are full size and black line, very good looking. I have toyed with the idea of putting retracts in this one, but who knows. After the success that I have had with the Aeronaut Tigercat (similar construction, but the wings and stab are pre-built), I am very tempted to go ahead and build this one.

If I can help, let me know,

Mike Hines
Hiflyer is offline Find More Posts by Hiflyer
Old Jun 30, 2002, 07:53 AM
Ready for a Vacation!
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2000
383 Posts
Mike -

Are the wings pre-built on the He-219? All the other planes I've had are ARFs, so this would be my first kit, do you think it is of appropriate difficulty to build? Thanks for the help-

Andrew
Old Jun 30, 2002, 09:20 AM
United States, NJ, Manchester Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,058 Posts
Top quality kit and easy to build. It really calls out for retracts, especially since the nacelles are slung under the wings, so you are going to have to use folding props if you don't have them.
Dorme is offline Find More Posts by Dorme
Old Jun 30, 2002, 09:23 AM
Ready for a Vacation!
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2000
383 Posts
What retracts would be used? Robart 1/2A?
Old Jun 30, 2002, 09:29 AM
United States, NJ, Manchester Township
Joined Dec 2000
1,058 Posts
That or the Spring Air retracts. It would look the part if you had the twin wheels on each leg.
Dorme is offline Find More Posts by Dorme
Old Jun 30, 2002, 09:42 AM
Ready for a Vacation!
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2000
383 Posts
Ok, last question. Is the recommended power system (race 400 3:1 geared on 10 cells) adequate power for ROG w/ retracts? Would those 10 cells be CP1700 or RC2400? If the 400s are not adequate would there be an intermediate power system because there is no way I can afford two brushless motors. Also would I run both motors through one ESC? Sorry for asking so many questions and thanks for the help -

Andrew
Old Jun 30, 2002, 11:16 AM
TN
Joined May 2000
1,136 Posts
Andrew

The wings on the He-219 are not built. The parts are mostly pre-cut and the plan is very clear, so it is not a hard wing to build. A couple of items that would make it go smoothly are a good flat building board. Other niceties would be a razor plane and some t-bar sanders. This is not hard to build, just takes the desire and some patients.

The geared Speed 400's probably would not be adequate once the landing gear was added. Geared 480's would probably get the job done, another direction that would probably work out would be direct drive Speed 500-600's, a fairly inexpensive motor and quite powerful. If I were to go that way I would probably run the motors in series and double up on the cell count, that way you can keep the Amp draw down and one ESC of 30A range will be sufficient. You would have to use a RX battery due to the high cell count though.

Dorme

I figured a way to have the twin wheels on the retracts, it really would be kind of cool. There certainly is plenty of room in the nacelles, but there is still all of the fiddeling with gear mounting and door hinging ect.

Anyway, hope this helps,

Mike Hines
Old Jun 30, 2002, 11:53 AM
Ready for a Vacation!
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2000
383 Posts
Mike,

I was just checking on the wings because it claims that the wings are 'ready built rip wings' on the aeronaut website. Also, I'm sure this is dumb, but what is a razor plane?

Andrew
Old Jun 30, 2002, 04:02 PM
TN
Joined May 2000
1,136 Posts
Andrew
I got excited when I saw the write up that said that the wings were ready built too. I checked though and they are still the same as they have always been with this kit, not built.

A razor plane is a small modeling wood plane that uses a double edge razor blade as the cutter. They are fairly inexpensive and really do a great job of removing wood smoothly. I use one to rough shape the LE of wings as well as the wing tips. You don't have to have one, but they are nice.

Mike Hines