HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2006, 03:49 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2003
1,455 Posts
Discussion
Who has Mistral 3,06m mouldie from FVK?

Hi,
Just ordered the Mistral 3,06m full mouldie (it has another version with semi open composite wing) , I would like if anyone has experience on this plane.

Before take my punch on this one, I have considered several similar planes, eg, Stork , Europhia of Stratair and Graphite 2E of FVK. I have finally choosen the Mistral because of one single advantage offered ONLY by Mistral----the CANOPY. Another bonus I got is the cheaper price of it. I could see that the other more expensive ones has a definite advantage of lighter weight which should be more critical consideration if it is used for comp. purpose, but I just want a bigger 'Absolute'...a bigger hotliner for dogging around at higher altitude.

I really would like to hear more from the owner or ex-owner of the Mistral 3,06m about the power setup, the good, bad or ugly things of it.
Another reason that intensify my confidence about that plane is some non-bias/ useful opinion / comments from the tech dept of FVK, Mr Brian Anderson.
Thank for any input in advance.

David
C-MIC is offline Find More Posts by C-MIC
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2006, 04:29 AM
United States, ME, North Yarmouth
Joined May 2004
56 Posts
FVK Mistral

Hi, I am an American living in Germany about 10 miles from FVK and own 2 Mistrals. I have the Molded 3M V-tail in a glider only version and the 3.45 D-Box X tail electric. These are great models especially for the money, much under used in the US. The all molded one is a great all around sailplane, fast, aerobatic, thermals great and has no bad habits what so ever. My 3.45 D-Box electric is one fanstatic model for the money does every thing the moldie does but thermals better with the lighter weight and increased wingspan. I like it so much I am getting a glider only fuselage too. I have a Lehner Basic motor, Reisanour(spelling) 7.1 gearbox, 70 amp hacker opto controller and am using a 16x8 aeronaut prop, and 10 cell pushed GP 2200 pack. It climbs at 70 degree with authority to spec altitude in seconds. I will be going to a 3 cell 4000 lipo pack soon which should increase the climb even more with half the weight of the GP's and a more constant voltage. The build is fairly easy. The only part I didn't like about either plane is you have to drill the holes in the wing control surface to insert and pot the brass control horns. No big deal you just have to take your time. Jiri at FVK is a great guy, his planes come with all the parts and he packs the models extremly well for shipping. PM me and will talk some more. Steve
StevenG is offline Find More Posts by StevenG
Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:17 AM
UK
Joined Sep 2002
988 Posts
check out the following:-

http://www.rc-network.de/magazin/art...4-0028-01.html

http://www.rc-network.de/magazin/art...4-0028-02.html

Google translation site will give approximate translation.

Brian
Brian Wa is offline Find More Posts by Brian Wa