Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 09, 2001, 03:44 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,072 Posts
Good e-flight shops in Toronto, Canada?

Will be going there in a few weeks and was wondering if there are any good e-flight shops up there? Given the good exchange rate for the US dollar I figure I can get some good deals.
MK is online now Find More Posts by MK
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2001, 08:30 PM
Dundas, ON Canada
Joined Feb 2001
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MK:
Will be going there in a few weeks and was wondering if there are any good e-flight shops up there? Given the good exchange rate for the US dollar I figure I can get some good deals.
A&J Hobbies in Unionville http://www.interlog.com/~jhumph/ probably has the best selection, although they are not known for having the lowest prices. For smaller electric stuff, Sky Hooks & Rigging http://www.microrc.com/ in nearby Oakville is probably your best bet.

Rob

rscamp is offline Find More Posts by rscamp
Old May 16, 2001, 03:29 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2001
402 Posts
I'll have to agree with rscamp, with A&J's Hobbies being the best hobby store in Toronto. They have the biggest selection of electric aircraft that i have ever seen. Here is a link to my site with all my airplanes. Most of them are from A&J's.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/m.rogozinsky/planes.html
Adam in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Adam in Toronto
Old May 16, 2001, 06:51 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2000
250 Posts
A&J Hobbies have a really good e-flight selection, and Jack Humphreys and Arden Zhang (the owners) are both goldmines of information and nice guys. I'll also put in a plug for John's Photo Hobby, which, unlike A&J's, is reasonably close to downtown Toronto. John's stocks Horizon stuff as well as Robbe, Graupner and a few unusual makes.

I doubt the differential in the $CDN will save you anything, as most of the e-flight stuff in Canada is imported. There are two Canadian e-flight manufacturers of note: Spirit of Yesteryear (mainly oldtimers) and Unionville Hobbies (makes a very nice giant scale Beaver).
gordonbw is offline Find More Posts by gordonbw
Old May 16, 2001, 06:56 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,492 Posts
Several good hobby shops, but for electric flight, A & J's probably has the best selection IN STOCK than any hobby store I have seen in Canada or the USA!

When in Toronto call them for directions. North of the city but worth the drive.
905-305-1479. Open 7 days a week, various hours, sometimes on holidays.
Both owners have a vast knowledge of the hobby.
Michael in Toronto is online now Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old May 16, 2001, 10:24 PM
Missisauga
Joined May 2001
1 Posts
Hello guys Ive been watching your discussion and I would like to recommend SOBOX here in etobicoke because they have pretty unique designs and are competitively priced, I think they even offer deals if you talk with him. This guys name is Zbigniew, and his website that has all his cool planes is www.soboxplanes.com

Hope this helps.
PlaneBoy
planeboy is offline Find More Posts by planeboy
Old May 17, 2001, 12:00 AM
Ste-Therese, Qc, Canada
Joined Mar 2001
69 Posts
Curiously, all Canadian prices are also much higher than what you'd expect to pay south of the border That exchange rate kills me everytime I order electric R/C stuff. There are no R/C manufacturers here and balsa wood doesn't grow very well int the Great White North (or does it? I'd better check it out hmmmm...)

Quote:
Originally posted by MK:
Given the good exchange rate for the US dollar I figure I can get some good deals.
Spiff is offline Find More Posts by Spiff
Old May 17, 2001, 06:45 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2000
1,129 Posts
Don't forget Alex Larionov of Star Flight is in Toronto. He sells the Sokol and Seledkin. Take a look at http://www.accessv.com/~larionov/catalog.htm
JeffD is offline Find More Posts by JeffD