HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sectrix, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 04:16 AM
The cake is a lie
G. Heights, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
67 Posts
Discussion
Electronics Progress - To date

The amount of learning involved in radio control and telemetry electronics is vast. I know a little about DC circuits already, so I have some idea of what I do and don't know. My basic instruction is coming from a 1980's Floyd electronics textbook. This will bring me up to speed on the math involved in circuit analysis, and teach me things I dont know too much about yet, like AC circuits, impeadence, electric fields, etc. Not enough for designing working RC circuits, but enough for basics. The next step from here is practice designing circuits, with the Radioshack electronics lab. Also, further learning will be accomplished with another book I have, "The Art of Electronics". The entire Floyd textbook is covered in the first chapter of 'The Art of Electronics', so this will show me many more advanced topics, like MOSFET's, ICs, common microprocessors, low power design, etc. Anyone serious about electronics should own this book. And finally, to really get good coverage, the ARRL handbook will explain all I ever needed to know about radio. And I mean EVERYTHING is in this book.

So at the moment I'm still on the Floyd electronics textbook. Trying to work through it at about a chapter a day, doing all the problems I have answers to. I've covered DC resistance circuits and analysis methods, and have just breached AC circuits and signals. The next chapter is capacitance, which should be exiting since I know almost nothing about it!
sectrix is offline Find More Posts by sectrix
to remove ads between posts