Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by sectrix, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 03:43 AM
The cake is a lie
G. Heights, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
67 Posts
Discussion
Flight Log (Firebird Freedom, SMA-401) March 15'th, 2006

Flew at the preserve near my house again, a better field the any others previous. A somewhat calm day, with 7 to 12 MPH winds. The first flight was mostly uncontrolled, with a typical nose dive landing. The second flight however, was my first controlled landing although the flight was again, recovery after recovery. After this I switched off the ACT and had my first controlled flight followed by another good landing. The fourth flight went well, but somehow I stalled yet again and fudged the throttle and sent it at the ground at about 15 degrees with a whole lot of speed. The rubber nose hit first and caught most of the impact, but caused the plane to flip onto the tail and over again on the wing(thank you inertia). The tail is damaged beyond repair, and must be replaced with a HBZ7031 for about $10, and the port wing is severly bent, and must be stiffened or replaced with HBZ7020 for about $15.

This brings me to drastically reconsider my approach to learning to fly. The next flight should be to take off, gain a little altitude, trim it out and land. No turns, nothing fancy. And no ACT either. It seems to yank away control at random critical moments. Then proceed to adjust the plane until I'm certain it flys well at neutral control. Only after its adjusted well should I try and take off, gain altitude, bring down the speed a bit and try turns. But I have no money to replace the tail yet, so I must wait ...
sectrix is offline Find More Posts by sectrix
to remove ads between posts