HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sectrix, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 03:28 AM
The cake is a lie
G. Heights, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
67 Posts
Discussion
Flight Log (Firebird Freedom, SMA-401) March 4'th, 2006

Finally flew at a decent place clear of obsticles. A calm day too, 5 MPH winds are all I can hope for around here. First flight was better then most, but still resulted in uncontrolled landing. Second flight was going rather well, but after a particular stall and recover, I jerked the stick all nasty (thumb turbulance, as someone here said ) and went into a full power dive at 10 feet or so, just enough to gain decent airspeed...right into the port wingtip. Broke right off at the bracket. I was dismayed, no more flying for today, probably need a whole new set of wings. Days of downtime. But after closer inspection when I got home, I found that although the wing broke off, most of what held it together was the wing spar bracket anyway. The braket has 52 little spikes on each side that clamp the wing when screwed together, and the wing simply pulled out from the spikes. Unscrewed it, put it back in, a little tape on the leading edge, and I was good as new.
sectrix is offline Find More Posts by sectrix
to remove ads between posts