HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sectrix, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 03:18 AM
The cake is a lie
G. Heights, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
67 Posts
Discussion
Flight Log (Firebird Freedom, SMA-401) Feb. 22'nd, 2006

There were six attempts today at the same place I flew last time. Not quite as windy as the first day, around 9 MPH with 12 or 15 gusts. However its the smallest amount of wind in some time. Flights were longer than the first, and higher, but all ended in an uncontrolled landing. Lost the landing gear after the second flight. The last flight, the plane was carried a good ways downwind and out of site. Since I'm not that great of a pilot I'm not sure weather the ACT had any part to play in this, but it seems I definatly lost control for a second there. Could also be that they gave me a channel 6 version of the Freedom, and I didn't know enough to realize that this particular channel is shared with CB radio... No damage to the plane, but stress marks are visible on the wings.
sectrix is offline Find More Posts by sectrix
to remove ads between posts