HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by P. Tritle, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:42 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Jun 2006
1,086 Posts
You could make a bigger version of the MA stripper out of wood. The adjustability of the width would be a challenge, though, but now insurmountable.
umdpru is offline Find More Posts by umdpru
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umdpru View Post
You could make a bigger version of the MA stripper out of wood. The adjustability of the width would be a challenge, though, but now insurmountable.
I've been toying around with using the fence for my band saw, some spacer blocks, and a utility knife blade. Just haven't had a chance to cobble something together yet.
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:13 AM
ELECTRIC R/C
INNERKIP,ONTARIO,CANADA
Joined Feb 2006
352 Posts
The Tools Money Can't Buy

JIGS are good for building and storeage of RC plane body on the bench or on the road. Note the old Gell-Cell Battery as a weight.
Jsutherland8 is offline Find More Posts by Jsutherland8
Last edited by Jsutherland8; Feb 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: add info
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:14 PM
The Low-wing Super Cub
Houston, TX
Joined Sep 2007
595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsutherland8 View Post
JIGS are good for building and storeage of RC plane body on the bench or on the road. Note the old Gell-Cell Battery as a weight.
We must be on the same channel! Here are pics of jigs I used in construction of the fuse for my SkyCoupe.
grubbyjeans is offline Find More Posts by grubbyjeans
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:34 AM
Crash proof pilot
Svizzera, TI, Bellinzona
Joined Oct 2005
380 Posts
This is a tool i have built yesterday, because i needed something to draw a precise line around a round shape (nose cowl) to obtain a reference line for a dremel cut.

I don't know how to call it, maybe someone can suggest a name for this tool eheh.

It can be used for example to draw panel lines, using the drawing as reference and then scale the measure. You set the position of the pen and you draw the line.

The base is a piece of wood i had in the shop. Drilled an hole and put a 10mm diameter x 1 meter lenght aluminium tube. Fixed with PU glue.
The mobile piece is another piece of wood, with one hole for the aluminium tube, one for the pen/pencil, and one for a screw so i can fix the vertical position.

Time to built : 30 minutes

(sorry for my english, pictures are better than words)

Dave
FlyDave is offline Find More Posts by FlyDave
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:56 AM
USA, VA, Centreville
Joined Jan 2003
96 Posts
How about "surface gage with pen"?

http://www.google.com/search?q=surfa...80&bih=268#p=0
turaboy is offline Find More Posts by turaboy
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:58 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,865 Posts
Hem Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyDave View Post
... I don't know how to call it, maybe someone can suggest a name for this tool ... It can be used for example to draw panel lines, using the drawing as reference and then scale the measure. ... Dave
You have a slightly simplified dress hem marker device. The tool for marking a dress hem line uses chalk to mark the cloth while the dress is being worn. They also use a ruler rather than a dowel rod for the upright stay. Some designs used a small jar that contained powdered chalk/baby powder and you would puff chalk dust on the cloth to mark the hem line. Your version can be a very useful spin on the idea and design to mark a cut line on a tube or other shape.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Last edited by Tsavah; Mar 18, 2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: spelling ...
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:19 PM
NorCal
Joined Dec 2009
1,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsutherland8 View Post
I get styrofoam coolers that sea foods are shipped in. Use them and throw away. The sea food place is glad for me to take them. Have to wash to get rid of fish smell.
Raften is offline Find More Posts by Raften
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:57 AM
Norwood, CO
Joined Jul 2009
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyDave View Post
This is a tool i have built yesterday, because i needed something to draw a precise line around a round shape (nose cowl) to obtain a reference line for a dremel cut.

I don't know how to call it, maybe someone can suggest a name for this tool eheh.

It can be used for example to draw panel lines, using the drawing as reference and then scale the measure. You set the position of the pen and you draw the line.

The base is a piece of wood i had in the shop. Drilled an hole and put a 10mm diameter x 1 meter lenght aluminium tube. Fixed with PU glue.
The mobile piece is another piece of wood, with one hole for the aluminium tube, one for the pen/pencil, and one for a screw so i can fix the vertical position.

Time to built : 30 minutes

(sorry for my english, pictures are better than words)

Dave
Looks good. A really simple idea for use in very simple cases: make some reverence marks, wrap with blue painter's tape, draw along the edge.

jo
jaksno is offline Find More Posts by jaksno
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,543 Posts
thanks Matt, I will soon be stripping some balsa and will give that a try.
kdahlhaus is offline Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:21 PM
So broke I can't pay attention
Naples FL USA
Joined Mar 2009
490 Posts
I made a Balsa-Stripper from some scrap 1/4" (6mm) nylon plastic sheet, with a section of snap-off utility knife blade as a cutting tool. It's very simple and easy to make, can be adjusted for depth and width of cut. It can be made of cutting board type material, and a #11 Exacto blade can also be used. Pics...
caymin last is offline Find More Posts by caymin last
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:35 PM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,319 Posts
Looks great bud, much like my old faithful MAS stripper, nice job!

Craig
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:04 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,238 Posts
New Batteries for Cordless Dremel 7700,7.2 volt Rotary Tool

I used my Dremel 7700 mostly for grinding my three dog's toenails. The original NICD batteries didn't hold a charge well and had very short duration. I read about how to open the battery module and install six NiMH cells. I was able to pry the end up enough and use a small screwdriver to release the holding tabs and get the end off the module. There were two sets of three AA nicads connecteed in an "L" configuration. I went to a local battery place and bought 1650mah Nicads, two with long solder tabs and four without. I had to solder tabs to ends of two cells quickly to avoid damaging them. I had to pack some foam rubber under the retention tabs that hold the module into the charger or the tool itself so they would latch securely.The module snapped back together OK. The tool now has plenty of run time for other uses than dog grooming. This may be possible on other Dremel cordless rotary tools.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old May 13, 2013, 04:06 AM
...design-build-fly-publish...
Ware, herts. U.K.
Joined Sep 2008
3,520 Posts
Well, I've ploughed through this entire thread and failed to find the thing I REALLY need right now...
which is a 90 degree chuck so I can drill a hole in a ply firewall close to the fuselage side where I can't get access any other way.

What I have in mind is using a small chuck for a 3mm drill bit then adding some kind of ratchet with a handle. I can just get in far enough to push the end into the firewall with a thumb while operating the ratchet handle with the other hand. It would be a long job that way - and I'd have to get a friend to make up the tool for me, but I can't think of another way to do it now the nacelle is complete.

It would also come in handy for screws where the screwdriver can't get straight at them.

Has anybody seen anything of this kind on the market?...
PLEASE???
eye4wings is offline Find More Posts by eye4wings
Old May 13, 2013, 05:40 AM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,179 Posts
I suppose you can not use the Dremel 90 degree attachment? maybe that could fit in..

Bulent
bmutlugil is offline Find More Posts by bmutlugil