HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2006, 10:16 PM
Laughing so hard it hurts
Dayton, OH
Joined Dec 2005
409 Posts
Question
How to tell if my 430L is threaded or not???

Last night I ordered the Align 430L/35G ESC combo from Modefos Heli, when it gets here how can I tell if my motor is the threaded or unthreaded version?

If threaded should I take it apart and loctite the threads?
If not threaded what are some of the tricks for keeping it from pulling apart????

Thanks
Twistedblades is offline Find More Posts by Twistedblades
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:21 PM
Joined Sep 2005
1,102 Posts
is your motor new verison? the new version come silver cap, with longer shaft... they are bump resistance,, none separated, you have nothing to worry about this motor....the old version has gold cap..they are bad one,,you need to separate and glue it back
lowflyer101 is offline Find More Posts by lowflyer101
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:34 PM
Dayton, OH
Joined Dec 2005
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyer101
is your motor new verison? the new version come silver cap, with longer shaft... they are bump resistance,, none separated, you have nothing to worry about this motor....the old version has gold cap..they are bad one,,you need to separate and glue it back

Thanks Lowflyer, you've been a big help anytime I have T-rex related questions, I should name my T-rex after you! Hmmmm, the picture on Modefos website is of the gold capped version.... hopefully they just forgot to update thier pics and are actually selling the silver cap version!
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:40 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,102 Posts
ur welcome , that what rcg forum are for
lowflyer101 is offline Find More Posts by lowflyer101
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:54 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,434 Posts
that means model tech is shipping bunk motors?
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: GenAce Tattu 25c 22,000mah 6s1p
Old Mar 17, 2006, 05:55 AM
Aberdeen,Scotland, UK
Joined Jun 2005
1,309 Posts
Unless Align issued a recall of the faulty gold capped motors,i cant really see vendors throwing theyre stock of them into the garbage bin,and only sending out the new silver ones,best to confirm when your ordering.
McDanger is offline Find More Posts by McDanger
Old Mar 17, 2006, 07:36 AM
No Dear its not a new one
Joined Nov 2001
2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbooth
that means model tech is shipping bunk motors?
I,ve got the gold endbell motor, flying since Jan with no problems, over 50 flights.
hotairflyer is offline Find More Posts by hotairflyer
Old Mar 17, 2006, 08:50 AM
Hold my beer.....
Fredericksburg, TX
Joined Aug 2005
963 Posts
On a related note, I recently had the bottom endcap on my Warp-4 motor come un-glued. I was flying my AP Trex with full gear and had a sudden loss of power, did a semi-autorotation and didn't break anything. I took it apart, cleaned it up, and re-glued it and it has been fine since.......
sharky47 is offline Find More Posts by sharky47
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:39 AM
Dayton, OH
Joined Dec 2005
409 Posts
How do you seperate these motors without damaging them and what do you use to reglue.... loctite???